Sunday, October 14, 2007

Our little firefighter. . .almost!


This weekend our friend told us the fire department was putting on an open house. We went and got the kids ID stuff done and looked at the fire trucks. Garret loved them, he was so excited. All the fire fighters thought he was so cute. He kept pointing to the fire engines and making the noises and saying "Wow". It was so cute. A really nice fire fighter let Garret try on his "real" fire fighter outfit. I thought this was going to be the best photo-op. I was so sure little Garret and his cuteness would make this man feel like the best fire fighter. Once Garret got the boots on he freaked out. He got so upset that we couldn't get his feet out. It was awful. The poor guys felt so bad. I was so embarrassed and kept telling the man that he just got scared and that it was so nice of him, not to feel bad. Oh well I guess. What can you expect from a two year old? He did have fun overall. Then we had dinner with Josh and Kandis and her parents and then I got invited to a friends 30 birthday party- I wonder what that feels like? Today we had some friends over for dinner. It was so nice to visit with friends and have some good food. Tyler is a great cook- I am so lucky! It was such a nice weekend! (I love it when it is busy!)

1 comment:

steph said...

i agree...it's good to be busy! that's so cute that garret started crying. maybe he was embarassed with everyone watching him too. hee hee. makes you feel like you have to apologize though!