Thursday, November 1, 2007

One more reason Halloween is a silly holiday-

Since my last post I have been reminded of another reason I am not too crazy about Halloween. I got off the computer last night and went to bed. For hours after I heard people make noise outside. It was really annoying but at least the kids did not wake up. Then I heard a loud crash and a lot of laughter. It sounded like it was right outside our door. I was home alone so I was way to chicken to check and see what it was. This morning we realized some kids thought it would be funny to smash this solar address thing we had. It was no great loss but I just can not believe that people are that disrespectful. When I was a teenager I liked to go out and do crazy things but I would have never damaged another persons stuff. I think it is sad that people think so little of others that they would steal or vandalize. At least no major damage was done. Well enough venting about that, I need to go take care of my kids!

5 comments:

Dick&Erica said...

Isn't that the worst? Last night, after more trick or treaters knocked on our door at 9:00, I realized someone had stolen my girls' pumpkins! They left the big ones (Britney Spears) but they took the ones I had painted for Ella and Ruby. I hate teenagers.

Amber said...

I am right there with you. Last night while leaving Alaska's some kids drove up beside us and stopped ... I looked over and they had masks on and where trying to scare us and our little ones, they did. then kids wouldn't get out of the street so we could drive on it... so horrible.

But you have to check this out...it takes the cake!

http://bosgraaf.blogspot.com/2007/10/good-morning-pumpkin.html

steph said...

why does halloween bring that out in people? someone smashed one of our solar lights too. what's that all about? i really will never understand why people think that's funny.

Leah and Joe said...

its been a whole week since you blogged!! i am starting to really miss you....??

kristenita said...

halloween is not silly, it's FUN. bad kids are just bad, no matter what day of the year it is! I can't believe someone would break something off of your house.