Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Shoplifting

Today we did a little last minute Christmas shopping. Garret always tells Santa he wants a baseball for Christmas so we picked one up. I didn't want him to see it so I set it in Spencer's carseat with him. Then Spencer got fussy so I decided to take him out to the car while Tyler checked out. Without meaning to I walked out of the store with the baseball. I felt so awful when I saw it there. A really nice lady in the parking lot took it back inside for me. I don't understand how anyone could do that intentionally. The guilt would kill me (I felt bad and it was only an accident and I returned it less than 5 minutes after I got out the door).

4 comments:

kristen said...

I did the same thing at target a few months ago. the girl at the CS desk was SO SHOCKED that I returned something I "stole" on accident. I was so annoyed to have to go back inside with Chase & everything but there was no way I could just take something.

Debbie said...

As a mom, I used to watch for times like that to teach you all the right thing to do. I always wanted you kids to know what guilt felt like, and to not ever want to feel it. Your kids will read about what happened one day, and they will know that you are an honest person, and they will want to be also. You and Tyler are such good examples for them to follow. You make me proud !!
Love you all, Mom

steph said...

oops. that was nice of someone to take it back into the store for you!!

Lindsey said...

Similiar thing happened to me when I was younger. I walked out of the store hugging a heart pillow. My parents went back an hour later when they saw it and paid for it. HA HA!