Friday, November 30, 2007
Thursday, November 29, 2007
Sunday, November 25, 2007
Thursday, November 15, 2007
1. I hate scary movies- I can handle jumpy scary but not scary scary- you know what I mean. I have trouble sleeping at night if I watch the really scary ones.
2. I am turning into my Mom. Not in all ways but in a few. My Mom could sing about anything. I was never really sure if she was making up the songs or not. (I just about died when I realized the silly "In the leafy treetops song was in the children's hymn book- I thought it was just some loopy song my Mom made up and sang in the mornings- If any of you see her ask her to sing the tuna fish songs, they are a personal favorite)Anyway Garret expects me to sing about everything now. Tyler laughs because it is terribly off key and nonsensical.
3. I love trying to catch Tyler trying to surprise me. I usually find out about at least some of my Christmas presents before Christmas. It has almost become a game for us. He tries to surprise me -I try to catch him and we taunt each other the whole time. the best was when I found out he was going to propose to me. I started saying things like "forever sure is a long time". . .It was pretty fun to watch his reaction! He has surprised me pretty good a couple of times (the baby shower for Garret caught me completely off guard).
4. I did a report on Thailand in seventh grade and have wanted to go there ever since. It just looked beautiful and so different from what I know here in the good ole US of A. I make a mental note of all the tidbits of info I hear about Thailand- Someday I think I will go there.
5. I was a major Tomboy growing up. At least until high school and in a lot of ways I still am a tomboy. We used to have animals and we lived in the country and get this I had a machete (I am not sure if that is how you spell it but you know one of those big knife things). We would catch frogs and crawdads, build forts, collect bugs etc. So I totally didn't want to be a "girly girl" when my Mom told me I needed to start wearing a bra. I didn't want to so I would take it off and leave it at the bus stop then put it on when I got home. I am sure that was more than people wanted to know!
6. I got drug across the parking lot in high school. It was after seminary in Rebecca (I can not think of her last names) car. It was two door and I went to get out of the back my foot got stuck in the seat belt and I did a lovely face plant. She didn't see me by the car so off she went (luckily she was going slow). People screamed and she stopped. I started off high school as "oh aren't you the girl that got drug across the parking lot?". After that I broke the bleachers putting the backboards up and turned into "I heard you are the girl that broke the bleachers?". Needless to say it took me a while to settle into high school.
7. When I was little, I am not sure the exact age so lets say somewhere between 2 and 4. I was pretty stubborn and so when I got mad I would hold my breath til I passed out. My parents did not know what was wrong with me. So an EKG later the doctor decided that I just had a nasty case of stubbornness!
So there you have it- way more than you wanted to know about me. Let's hope I don't get tagged for awhile because I had a hard time thinking coming up with these seven.
Now on to who I tag- I tag (and yes I know it is silly, but I think you will come up with some noteworthy stuff) Leah and Joe, Anna and Marc and Dan and Heather and I would totally tag Stephanie and Hector if only they had a blog! I love you all!
Wednesday, November 14, 2007
Tuesday, November 13, 2007
Today he found a lady bug and he thought it was so fun. He carried it all around and was all smiles. It was so cute. He loves to make Spencer smile. He always does the same thing he gets right up in Spencer's face and then says "Hi, Hi, Hi" over and over in a deep voice and Spencer actually likes it.
We celebrated our Friend Kandis's birthday with her today! Happy birthday! Tyler has been busy with school as usual and I have not been able to do much lately because up until today Spencer was not suppose to be around other babies. He seems basically all better, he only has a lingering cough. We are getting ready for our trip to Colorado! We are all so excited for a break and we will get to see Tyler's family. Tyler's brother is in a play, we are going to try and take Garret to it- we will see how that goes- I bet he likes half of it! Here is a picture of our "tree"- it's the closest we have to a tree- I think it is beautiful!
Friday, November 9, 2007
For book club we met at Stephanie's house because Spencer has been sick. We all brought food we have a memory of (memory is a theme throughout the book). It was fun seeing what people brought and learning a little more about everyone. I brought bread becuase my Mom used to bake bread a lot. She would try to make sure it was hot when we got home from school. Sometimes certain smells bring back memories for me and when I smell hot bread I think of my Mom.
We did not spend too much time talking about the book. Come on we are girls and we love getting together and just talking. We had fun talking about babies and marriage and all kinds of things. We were there for hours! We probably could have talked for a lot longer but we do have to sleep at least a little.
When I got home it took me a while to get to sleep. I have a bad habit of having to process my day before I can sleep. I got to thinking about friends and what makes people close. I decided that it does not matter if people have the same opinions or the same lifestyle or if they are the same age. Those things help but what really helps people be friends (at least this is what I think) is the ability to talk about things, anything and not have to agree. I think people have to be able to appreciate each others differences and love them the more for it. I think of the friends I have now, the friends I had before and even my relationship with Tyler and we are all different but it works because we communicate. I think at least for me that is why I love getting together and just chatting it up with the girls. That may sound like rambling but it makes sense to me and I am glad for nights when the girls get together, even if I am tired the next day!
Wednesday, November 7, 2007
This is Spence with his Nebulizer (I guess it is something that is commonly used for asthma).
Spence weighed in today at 17 pounds 12 ounces, he was 24 inches long so he is a big boy! I will have to post an update after we go to the doc. friday if not sooner.