Friday, February 15, 2008

Valentine's day part 2

Today we went to lunch together (no kids!!!- Thanks Amber). We went to a little Italian sub shop on Hertal. I love Hertal (parts of it at least); I love the cute antique shops and the little restaurants with their awnings. I love that they are independent business's no chains (It's just so cute). The restaurant was one of those places where the owner works there and asks you if you are enjoying your food and you know he cares because it is his business and your satisfaction means more than a tip- it means his livelihood. I think chains have lost that personal touch that exists when there is hands on contact buy the owner with his guests and his employees. (I could go off on this but we will save that for another time) The bottom line -Lunch was great- Tyler even got his capocola, which he loves.

Then we headed off and got our massages. This was only my second professional massage (third if you count Christy's house). I felt awkward at first because the guy said just take off as much as you are comfortable with- then I started wondering if at this spa people normally leave every thing on (because come on who is really comfortable practically naked). I finally got over that and really enjoyed it; so much I could probably do it everyday and never get sick of it. I think Tyler enjoyed it as well- pretty sure he fell asleep although he denies it!


2 comments:

Debbie said...

What a fun time together !!

Love, Mom

Amber said...

I'm so glad you two had a good time. I'm up for watching your kids anytime - they were really good. And Thanks right back at ya. We had a fun time last night too!