Thursday, April 17, 2008

Sunshine






The weather has been so nice lately! We have been outside everyday- going for walks, the zoo and working in the backyard. I love the sun for so many reason; my kids get super tired and take great naps, we all love being outside, you feel so happy, we lose our pasty white skin, there are not as many socks to match and fold because we get to wear sandals and go barefoot, Tyler bikes to school (we get the car)...the only downsides I see are the zoo is crowded (but that was partially due to the fact that it is spring break), it is light when the kids go to bed (it hasn't been a problem yet but you never know), our house will get hot (but at least our gas bill will go way down) and hmmm...I think those are the only downsides!

Tyler ordered new hiking boots, he got them today. He has been so funny about them. He emails me from school to see if they have come and he is always looking at the picture of them on the computer. Being poor has it's benefits. If we could just buy what we wanted whenever we wanted, I doubt we would be as excited about the little things. Being excited, waiting, budgeting, trying to figure out how we are going to get the things we want really helps build up the anticipation. Tonight Tyler is a happy man!

1 comment:

Debbie said...

I wish I was there enjoying the sunshine with you !!!

Love, Mom