Sunday, April 20, 2008
This Saturday we had a little get together in our backyard...here are the highlights:
10. Wieners-lots and lots of wieners. Or hot dogs if you like that name better, the good ones cooked on a fire!
9. An Accident?- Aaron almost hitting Gillian with a golf ball, he claims it was an accident....we are still investigating.
8. Heat- 80 degree weather in April!
7. Friends, friends, friends- Kristen, Aaron and Chase, Richard, Erica, Ella and Ruby, Dave, Steph and Crew, Tuffy and Gillian, Iren, Glenn, Alanna and Cohen, John and Sarah, Jonas, Dave and Briste and Josh! (I really hope I didn't miss anyone-sorry if I did)
6. Marshmallows- Tuffy held Spencer for a while and we are pretty sure he had more marshmallow on him then Spencer....maybe not....either way they had fun together.
5. Sporting events- Ladder golf and some Frisbee game. Never heard of them before but they were a hit (Thanks Dave and Briste for bringing them)
4. A slight variation- Everyone loves smores (or at least they should) but smores with Reeses's peanut butter cups on them are so good, you will never want to go back to the original.
3. An announcement- Someone made a big announcement (however I don't know if it is public knowledge yet, so all I can say is Congrats!)
2. Swimming- The kids loved swimming in the pool. But none so much as little Chase. He swam and splashed til he was cold and tired...but wait...he is in nice dry clothes....he has an idea...in again! Classic!
1.Acrobatics- Boys will be boys. If it is not one competition it is another. Last night it was hand stands. It proved to be very entertaining...even Garret joined in.
A couple other highlights that almost made the cut (it was really close and there is a chance I got the order wrong). The runners up- Briste's carrot salad, Ella's swimsuit (does it come in my size), Crew crawling for the street (I lost track of how many times), Cohen's feet (I think he is going to be so tall) and the smoke (OK so the smoke didn't make the list for a reason, it was everywhere).
It was so fun getting together with friends and enjoying the weather!