Sunday, April 20, 2008

Top Ten





This Saturday we had a little get together in our backyard...here are the highlights:

10. Wieners-lots and lots of wieners. Or hot dogs if you like that name better, the good ones cooked on a fire!







9. An Accident?- Aaron almost hitting Gillian with a golf ball, he claims it was an accident....we are still investigating.

8. Heat- 80 degree weather in April!




7. Friends, friends, friends- Kristen, Aaron and Chase, Richard, Erica, Ella and Ruby, Dave, Steph and Crew, Tuffy and Gillian, Iren, Glenn, Alanna and Cohen, John and Sarah, Jonas, Dave and Briste and Josh! (I really hope I didn't miss anyone-sorry if I did)

6. Marshmallows- Tuffy held Spencer for a while and we are pretty sure he had more marshmallow on him then Spencer....maybe not....either way they had fun together.




5. Sporting events- Ladder golf and some Frisbee game. Never heard of them before but they were a hit (Thanks Dave and Briste for bringing them)




4. A slight variation- Everyone loves smores (or at least they should) but smores with Reeses's peanut butter cups on them are so good, you will never want to go back to the original.




3. An announcement- Someone made a big announcement (however I don't know if it is public knowledge yet, so all I can say is Congrats!)

2. Swimming- The kids loved swimming in the pool. But none so much as little Chase. He swam and splashed til he was cold and tired...but wait...he is in nice dry clothes....he has an idea...in again! Classic!




1.Acrobatics- Boys will be boys. If it is not one competition it is another. Last night it was hand stands. It proved to be very entertaining...even Garret joined in.



A couple other highlights that almost made the cut (it was really close and there is a chance I got the order wrong). The runners up- Briste's carrot salad, Ella's swimsuit (does it come in my size), Crew crawling for the street (I lost track of how many times), Cohen's feet (I think he is going to be so tall) and the smoke (OK so the smoke didn't make the list for a reason, it was everywhere).



It was so fun getting together with friends and enjoying the weather!

9 comments:

Aaron & Devony said...

What fun fun cute pics! Looks like you've got a water bug on your hands! Cute boys!

Multifuncional said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Dick&Erica said...

Erase that comment from "multifunctional"!!!


Very cute pictures. Love the top ten.

Cliff and Courtney's Family said...

looks like you all had such a great time...it is nice to relax and forget about school for a little while. I loved all the pictures and i will have to try your version of smores

Debbie said...

That looked like a great party !! I wish I could have been there. But we got to enjoy wind , rain, hail, snow - everything but 80*. And I loved the pictures. Everyone looked like they were having so much fun. And you are truely the best blogger - I love to read about your life.

Love, Mom

Debbie said...

That looked like a great party !! I wish I could have been there. But we got to enjoy wind , rain, hail, snow - everything but 80*. And I loved the pictures. Everyone looked like they were having so much fun. And you are truely the best blogger - I love to read about your life.

Love, Mom

kristenita said...

what did "multifunctional" write?

fun party. and yes the PBCup s'mores were even more delicious than the oh-so-delicious original recipe. thanks!

if it gets below 50 again I will throw a serious temper tantrum!

Alicia said...

I've had spotty internet for the last few weeks and I've missed your blog. Looks like you guys had SUCH a fun party! I'm a little jelous because we're in Idaho right now and we just had a blizzard this week! I am SO ready for spring.
Anyway, hope all is well!

Nene said...

Hey Rachel! It's Nene, Chris's wife. Chris of Chuck and Marlayna stock. Chris of Tyler's cousin fame. Just wanted to pop in and see how you all are doing. We were at Grandma Fran's last night for a BBQ and I saw your pictures on the fridge and it got me thinking about you guys. I had no clue Tia and Michael were expecting. Can you tell how out of the loop Chris and I are?!? Your little guys are too cute. Maybe one of these years we'll see you again! Take care. And if you want to know the latest and greatest with us, my blog is thefordhams.blogspot.com