Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Everytime I think I am safe

Today I went to see the dentist (Tyler). He was so professional and had me critique him and it was actually fun going to see the dentist (although I do have a cavity I have to go in and get fixed up soon-one of the Doctors told me I should just wait and set myself up to be his boards patient...she even suggested sleeping with Swedish fish next to my teeth so I would have more to work with...not a bad idea if it helps him pass the boards!)
Anyway while I was off at the dentist the kids were at the Uries. They were nice enough to let them come over. I went to go pick them up and said they were pretty good (always makes me happy to hear they didn't color on any walls, get in fist fights etc). However she said she noticed a smell and realized it was GARRET...WHAT! Garret has been flawless with going on the potty. He does so well....until I leave him with someone. It is like he is incapable of telling someone else he has to go. It was sick...I didn't even bring extra anything for him because he has been doing so well. At our house he has started taking care of his business all himself...but at other friends houses he has more trouble. Does it ever officially end...I would love to be able to say "Garret is potty trained" and leave out the but he struggles when left with a babysitter part. I guess I should just be glad I don't have to buy diapers for him anymore, he never wets night or day, he does his number twos in the potty....except when I am not there....

2 comments:

Water Buffalo said...

I know it is frustrating to have those few accidents. However, I think he is doing awesome! Laila wasn't fully there until just after her 3rd birthday and she still has accidents every once in awhile at night or nap time.

Amber said...

yuck, yuck, yuck! I bet it was all smashed around from playing too!!! sick :(