Friday, May 23, 2008

I tried so hard

Between being a dental student and the way gas prices are our budget is a little tight. I decided it was time for me to bring in a little cash. The problem is I stay home with the kids, I am not ready to do anything "questionable" and I am not crafty. Therefore my only hope was ... I am a little embarrassed to admit it...oh well...here goes...the radio. That's right I sat home and listened to the radio everyday for an hour trying to win the "pick your pump" contest. You either won shoes or gas money...duh....gas money! I even had the number all ready so I just had to hit redial (I don't know how my Mom used to win...all I ever got was a busy signal...then nothing...not sure what I did wrong). It was a sad day my contest ended and I didn't win...and it was not even all my fault- I hold my sister Leah, my Mom and my boys partially responsible. They interrupted me and how can I be the 9th caller if I am distracted? I kept hoping I would be able to post about my gas certificate it never happened....maybe next time!

Anyone have any suggestions of other ways I could bring in a little green?

3 comments:

Leah and Joe said...

Hey dont blame me! You didnt even know what song you were listening for!

Amber said...

I've been thinking about this topic a lot too, I'd like to make a bit of green to pay for a bike. My solution, I always have things laying around that a) I either never use or b) I didn't really need in the first place. So I've returned things and I keep trying to think of things I can sell on Craigs List.

Hey, what ever happened to the story time gig?

Cliff and Courtney's Family said...

Hey if you figure it out let me know!! I give you props for trying!!!