Saturday, May 10, 2008

One of my biggest fears

One of my biggest fears is to get to the end of my life and have it full of regrets. I am worried I will wish I had done things different if given the chance. The thought of being one of those old ladies that sits around and is miserable because of choices I made is way worse then the thought of spiders, snakes, even heights (and I am deathly scared of heights).
My conference Ensign just came and my favorite talk was "Daughter's of God" by Elder Ballard. I love this talk. In it he quotes Anna Quindlen who talks about how she looked at a picture of her kids and wishes she could remember more about that day. She wishes she had not been so busy getting from one thing to the next. She wished she had "treasured the doing a little more and the getting it done a little less." I think if I can do that in my life I will have very few regrets. If I can just relax and enjoy each step of this journey then even though in the end I will be sad it went by so fast I will be glad I embraced it while I had it.
Tomorrow is Mother's day and I am so thankful for my two beautiful boys. They have taught me so much, they bring me such joy- I wish I could just hold them, snuggle them, play with them forever. I hope I can remember to enjoy each moment, to enjoy doing laundry with them rather then telling them I don't want their help because it is faster doing it myself, I hope I will read all of the book to Garret even though I am so sick of reading and he doesn't know I am skipping pages....etc . I want to be the best Mom to my kids as I can be. I think I have a long way to go...but I am trying...and I really love it...and everyday I wake up eager to see my little guys faces!

1 comment:

Jason and Tisha said...

Rachel - Hi this is your Idaho friend! You will never have this fear realized. You are so awesome! Love ya - Tisha