Thursday, June 5, 2008

Did I just witness a miracle?

Today my friend Kandis came over and said she thought her water broke (it had- she was three weeks early). She wasn't sure and was not in too much pain so her husband left and went to school. Things got more serious so I dropped my kids off at Amber's (I owe her some serious babysitting- Thanks so much!). Then we headed down to the hospital. She was admitted and things picked up fast. We eventually got Josh there and things kept progressing. To make a long story short (I am pretty sure the long story will be on Kandis blog in a couple days) I was able to witness Hayden's birth (that was not the original plan it just kind of happened). It was so amazing, totally different than going through labor yourself. The whole process is such a miracle and I am so happy for my friends. Their little guy weighed in at 5 pounds 11 ounces and was 18 and 1/2 inches long.

3 comments:

Amber said...

I'm so glad it all worked out and that you could be there. BTW - you don't owe me, we are friends, neighbors and Sisters. But I will let you watch my kids for me, probably after the in-law visit. :)

Anthony & Kristie said...

That is so exciting, you are a very good friend. I have to admit after hearing your story I kind of want to see a baby delivered and experience no pain while it happens.

Josh and Kandis said...

Thanks so much for all you've done for us! I never thought I'd let anyone but Josh be there while I gave birth, but I'm glad you were there thanks for all your help, you're awesome!