Sunday, September 7, 2008

Vinegar

Nothing overly exciting has happened recently.  We went on a fun date last night and have enjoyed our weekend together.  Our kids are cute as ever and the nursery is going to be split (not much of an update but there is little to report right now!)  

The only significant thing I can write about tonight is VINEGAR.  Am I the only one that sometimes has smelly towels?  If any of you have the same problem keep reading...otherwise stop now and go read someone else's blog because this won't excite you.  Well sometimes it doesn't matter how often we wash our towels (especially our kitchen towels) they smell...a friend of mine told me to wash them in hot water with vinegar.  It totally neutralized the smell and now they are fresh once again!  I thought I should pass this on just in case someone else has the same problem....who knows maybe it's just me.

7 comments:

kristenita said...

nice tip! I was going to say always wash them in hot water... but I would have been stuck after that.

you forgot to say that your fun date was listening to some GREAT LIVE MUSIC...
:)

Jason and Tisha said...

Rachel you are so cute. Thanks for the tip. I get sick of that sour smell!

Kristy E.B. said...

How much vinegar do you use? Does it matter what kind?

Water Buffalo said...

Wow Rachel! I was about to start a blog asking if anyone knew what to do about smelly towels? haha Thanks! I am going to go try that as I have many smelly towels to be washed. :)

Amber said...

There is one alternative, if that doesn't work. I've read that you can put baking powder in your dryer. I've done that on many occasions, when I've forgotten to switch the laundry before the towels or clothes went sour, and it's always worked.

Alicia said...

I will forever be glad I read this post! I have switched to Trader Joe's dish towels and that has helped a lot - but I *still* get the gross smell, so I will definitely be using this!

Jess said...

So, do you actually wash them with the vinegar in the washing machine? Do you also use soap? Or just vinegar?