Thursday, October 9, 2008

A Day Off

Today was a Jewish holiday so Tyler had the day off. I am still feeling a little under the weather but that was not about to stop me from enjoying a day out with the family.

We started off by going to the temple. I played with the kids while Tyler was in the temple. They have a playground in Palmyra that has the old style playground toys. They enjoyed the merry-go-round and teeter-totter. The leaves are changing so it was a beautiful day to be out enjoying the sunshine.




Then we went to Rochester and spent the afternoon at the museum of play. Garret and Spencer loved it all. Garret would have shopped at the mini-grocery store forever. Another favorite was the curious George room. It was fun watching them play. Garret and Spencer love dressing up- Spencer was fond of the princess dress! They went on stage and Garret sang "I am a child of God". Garret is already asking when we will go back.





We stopped at a stand on the way home and picked out pumpkins to carve.



Tyler had to head in and study tonight but at least we got to spend the day together. I wish there were a few more holidays I love them SO much.

3 comments:

Aaron and Devony said...

It looks like you had such a fun day! What a fun place to take your kids! hope you get feeling better soon!

Leah and Joe said...

I loved the pictures of Garret and Spencer playing together, what cute little buddies! I wish that BYU-I celebrated the Jewish holiday! I would have loved a day off!

Anonymous said...

It looks like you all had such a fun day, what cute pictures of the kids...
Love to all,
Grandma & Grandpa & Uncle Trenton