Friday, October 3, 2008

He's Three...well basically

We celebrated Garret's birthday today. My baby is three, it makes me so happy and sad all at the same time. I love watching him grow but I hate how fast it is going by. He is such a special wonderful boy. He makes our lives so interesting and fun. He loves to sing, read, play pretend, help me with everything, and learn. He has changed so much this year. I can honestly say that "the terrible twos" were not that bad. Some people say three is a lot worse than two and he has gotten a little more challenging in some ways recently so there may be truth in that. I really can not complain about Garret, he sleeps great, he is pretty good about listening, he loves to give me hugs and kisses, he snuggles with me, he has been potty trained for almost a year and he still thinks I am the "best girl in the whole world"! We just love him so much. Some of my favorite times with him this year have been- giving him his bike for Christmas, listening to the funny things he says, when he was potty trained, watching him with Spencer, taking him on vacations, taking him anywhere new (this kid gets excited about everything), watching him try to be just like Dad, all the holidays...it is so hard to think of just a few great times with this kid...there are so many! We love our Garret Boy!!!

His Special day was a blast. It went like this....


We woke him by singing "Happy Birthday" to him. He was sleepy and blurry eyed and disoriented. He said "I open my presents now" all sleepy eyed and pulled himself out of bed. Then he started getting really excited. He saw his cake and presents and could hardly contain himself. He wanted pancakes for breakfast so we ate pancakes then opened presents. He immediately wanted to open the present that had been talking to him the day before. It was a buzz light year toy from his Grandparents. He opened it and said "Oooohhhh oooohhh a SUPER WHY!!!!" He thought it was one of the guys from the PBS cartoon (he has only seen like twice). All day long he called it super why and ran around saying "Super why ...the power to read". It was pretty cute. He loved all his presents. He was so cute when he was opening them. He handed some to Spencer and said "you can have that one Spence". It was so nice opening them in the morning because he played with them all day. He was so busy playing basketball, games and trying on new clothes all day. At nap time he was exhausted but because he is too old to suck on his fingers (he did so good today) and he was excited, he didn't fall asleep (this is really rare- he loves to sleep). After Spencer woke up I asked Garret what special thing he would like to do and he said "go see Daddy at school". I told him that Daddy was busy and we couldn't do that. He said "I miss my Daddy and the thing I want most is to see him" (how could I say no to that). So we went and visited Tyler at school. Tyler had a root canal patient so at first we didn't think we would get to see him, Garret started getting all teary eyed and his chin was quivering. But Tyler's patient said he didn't mind waiting for a minute so Garret got to see him and he talked about it all afternoon.
A few days ago we told Garret he could have three friends over (since he is three) to share his cake with him. (our house doesn't fit many more). So he picked some Friends(unfortunately one of his friends couldn't come) but he had so much fun with Crew and Ella. By the end of the night he was insane. I am not sure if I have ever seen him so wound up and crazy. I know it was because he was tired but we were so ready to put him to bed. When we put him in bed he started saying he was scared so Tyler gave him his toy hammer to sleep with and we haven't heard a peep since. He was one tired out happy boy!
I love my little big boy! (I think I have confused him because I always say "why are you growing up so fast, can't you just stay little?" well today he asked me "if I still love him now that he is big"...the answer is YES! I will always love my Garret- What a wondeful year it has been!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Garret,
We are so glad you had an extra special Birthday...You are an extra special big boy...
We love you so..............much!!!
XXXXXOOOOO
Grandma, Grandpa, & Uncle Trenton

Tia Saxton said...

I wish we could have been there for Garret's birthday, but at least we got to be together for Spencer's birthday! Love you guys!