Sunday, October 19, 2008

Trial Run

I got my kids costumes last year after Halloween when everything was 75% off. My kids have been so excited to wear them. Whenever Spencer sees his he says "buck buck buck" (that is his chicken noise). His is a little small (he popped a snap off the first time he wore it and his little chubby thighs are kind of squeezed in there- but it works and he loves it). Garret thinks he can fly with his on and I am just hoping he doesn't fly off of anything too high. I bought a few craft things and a candy making kit last year so once a week or so we have done something Halloweenish. It's been fun and they are loving it. Today we took cookies around and they decided to wear their costumes. Here are a couple other recent pictures. We went to the park and there were tons of geese there. The boys decided to try and hold them (they try to hold most anything). The geese got scared and some flew away but some of them started honking and sounding pretty angry so we grabbed the kids and stuck to the playground.

9 comments:

Cliff and Courtney's Family said...

So cute!! The fall looks so gorgeous...we are so jealous because Texas doesn't have pretty falls. Great job on bargain shopping.

Alicia said...

What a smart thing to do. I especially love the on-sale-buy-in-advance crafty Halloween idea. I'm totally going to do that!
Your kids are going to be so cute!

Alicia said...

I meant "your kids are going to be so cute for Halloween". I realized that read sort of weird after I submitted it. =)

Aaron and Devony said...

I love it! I bought Sydney's costume last year for cheap cheap too! It's the best way to go! Your boys look darling!

Marianne Thayne said...

The costumes are great! I like the chicken and he makes a perfect chicken sound. Nice to see there is interest and fun in something besides superheros--not that they are bad, just over done. You are a great mom with a lovely family.

Amber said...

so much fun! I love this time of year, it seems like there is so much to do and see. Love the costumes too!

Anonymous said...

Oh what cutie pies, it's so fun when you can pull out things that you got at really good prices the year before... Looks like you guys are having a fun time!!!
We Love your costumes Garret & Spencer & we love you all too!!!
Grandma, Grandpa & Uncle Trenton

Debbie said...

I hope you come and trick-or-treat at my house. (-:

Love, mom

Natalie said...

Your kids look sooo cute! I like Spencer's face in the car picture.