Saturday, October 11, 2008

We Love New York

Today was one of those days that makes us love New York even more. I can't tell you how many times today I said "it is so BEAUTIFUL here". Tyler decided to bike to letchworth (they call it the Grand Canyon of the East). We drove to meet him and ended up meeting him a few miles before we got there (he biked 45 miles). The drive was BEAUTIFUL and Letchworth was BEAUTIFUL. Every time we reached the top of a new hill I kept thinking this looks like something that could be on a jigsaw puzzle or landscape calender- AND WE LIVE HERE!!! I love the fall. We could live here and be perfectly content. The long winter and humid summer are worth it for the BEAUTIFUL fall (my pictures did not do anything justice- I am so disappointed in them, it was hard because we were trying to take pictures when the sun was at its peak...I guess we will have to come again). Anyway, I was so impressed with Tyler and his bike riding and then he even carried Spencer in the backpack for a while. We hiked around Letchworth and loved it. It is a huge park and I feel like we barely scratched the surface. I can't wait to go back and explore it further. (Sorry for all the scenery pictures- it was just so BEAUTIFUL).

11 comments:

Josh Kandis & Hayden said...

It's SO pretty there! I'm so sad we weren't able to go. We'll have to go some other time. You got some good family picts!

kristenita said...

we love letchworth too! looks like the leaves are perfect too; fall IS the best season. we should all go camping there next summer - it is so gorgeous!!

way to go tyler for BIKING there - yikes that's a long way. :)

Marianne Thayne said...

Wow, Tyler doesn't even look tired. You took very nice pictures. I love them. On days when it is cloudy here I will be looking back at those. My goodness what a variety of color. You made my night!

Aaron and Devony said...

wow it looks gorgeous! One day we're going to come out there and see all the beautiful scenery and visit people from Aaron's mission. Until then, we'll have to live via your blog! Looks like you had a great time and props to Tyler for biking all the way there!

Four makes more... said...

I've been there and it is gorgeous. In fact i was hoping it would get ike that here but the trees here are a little bit confused...all the rain and then the sun and then the frist and the cycle starts over. Wish we were there too. I love New York!

Alicia said...

Um... pretty sure those pictures DID do it justice!! That looks so gorgeous! How fun, and what a great family outing.

Amber said...

Letchworth might possibly my favorite place here. I'm so glad you all went and during a beautiful time!

Debbie said...

What beautiful pictures of your beautiful little family...
Love to all,
Grandma, Grandpa,& Uncle Trenton

Debbie said...

Tyler,
You are an amazing son, biking all that way, & you didn't even look tired in the pictures.
Love, Mom

Tia Saxton said...

The boys are getting so big! I can't believe how fast they change. I like this blogging thing, hopefully we can stay in touch better now. Rachel the pictures are so pretty, we'll have to go there together if we end up in Buffalo. So Tyler a 45 mile bike ride huh... ya I do that a lot too. Or I mean I've biked that long before, if you were to take all of the times I've biked in my whole life and add them up. Then you could probably say I've biked 45 miles.

Sarah said...

Isn't Letchworth beautiful!! My parents have gorgeous photos there from when they were dating. We had a lovely weekend too! It was devine!!

Great pictures