Friday, November 28, 2008

Because I have been given much

A couple weeks ago we started talking about Thanksgiving with the kids. Having kids makes every holiday so fun- They get excited about the littlest things. We taught them the song "Because I have been given much" and talked about all that we have been blessed with. We did a little service project on Thanksgiving and I love that Garret understands (to some degree) what we are doing and why it is important. He was very cute about telling us what he is thankful for. I am so thankful for Garret and Spencer and Tyler. Being a part of a family is so wonderful. We feel so blessed to have a home full of love, the gospel, families that love us, friends far and near, food, shelter, laughter and so much more.

We spent the morning of Thanksgiving watching Tyler run in the Turkey Trot. The kids were so excited when they saw him. I can't believe what a huge race it is. Tyler didn't slow down for me to take a picture so this is him right after he gave the boys high fives.
Then we started cooking. Tyler made an amazing turkey (speaking of turkeys, I bought four of them when they were .39 cents a pound so we will be eating them often). He injected marinade into it the night before and when you sliced it you could see marinated swirled throughout the meat. We shared our meal with Josh and Kandis and baby Hayden. All the food was excellent, I totally ate to much and was so full after it.


We did our little service project...then ate some pie! Then we had to start planning our black Friday shopping (side not- it was out of control this morning but very fun going out). It was a great Thanksgiving. I loved being together as a family and spending time thinking about all the many blessings in my life.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Rachel, just so you know, You and your family are just some of the many things that I am grateful for.

And that turkey looked amazing !!!

Love, Mom

Amber said...

That turkey sure looks good! I'm glad you all had a thankful Thanksgiving :)