Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Election Day

Yesterday we got the opportunity to vote. I am glad so many people turned out to vote. I think this is the first time we have ever had to stand in much of a line. I am so glad that all of the campaigning is over. I hated the commercials and the fact that over a billion dollars was spent over the last two years campaigning. I don't think I would have felt relieved if the results had been the other way. It is scary electing someone to run the country. We have no idea of knowing how it will go or what possible scenarios will come. Either outcome would have caused me to feel a sense of "please don't take away the good from our country" and "please don't add to the evil".

At this point I hope that people will accept the new president, stop being so red and blue, left and right and just give him a chance. The majority ruled and I think it only fair that the new President get to start with a clean slate and be judged according to what he does in office. I feel like Tyler- it will serve us better to be hope full and optimistic than to be bitter. It will be better for everyone to try and do their parts to make this country better. Rather than thinking their vote every four years will solve the problems of the country. We need to know what is happening in our local elections, serve the people that are around us, take care of our neighbors and our families. We need to be the change we want to see.

It will be nice to have a change in the White House. I think that exciting, scary times are coming. I admit I was not overly fond of either candidate. I thought the election was frustrating but it's over and now we get to see what happens!I am proud to live in America and pray she will long endure.

2 comments:

Alicia said...

I could not agree MORE! Thank you for your post, very inspiring.

Also - you know that post about putting your dish rags in vinegar when you wash them? Can you remind me how to do that? Do you put a capful in with your normal detergent or do you just put them in vinegar - or do you soak them in it first?? I can't remember and laundry day is tomorrow and I really need that fix! =)

Sorry to get so un-patriotic on such a fantastic post, but anyway, thanks again for a great post!

Aaron and Devony said...

I couldn't agree more! I didn't love either candidate either and I am mostly just glad to have the campaign over with! Maybe things will go really well and maybe it will be terrible and bring us closer to the millenium (evil leaders and all). Who knows, at least now the deciding is over!