Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Bop Bops and Doots

Spencer calls Boots 'Doots'-And he loves doots. He wants to wear them all day long. Whenever I hear him say doots I get this bittersweet feeling inside. It sounds silly I know but here is why; Garret used to call flip flops 'bop bops'. It was so adorable. I loved it...and then suddenly he started saying flip flops. They change so fast! When I hear Spence say doots I love it. But since I know how fast they change I also am struck by the realization that my baby is growing up. I want them to slow down. They are so beautiful and fun and I know they always will be but I can't imagine what it will be like when I have no one running around saying "bop bops or doots".

2 comments:

Debbie said...

That has to be one of the cutiest entries you have written. It is so cute to picture your boys saying those things, but picturing how much you love it, and that you are already missing it while they are still saying it. The whole thing just made me smile.

Love Mom (-:

HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!!!!

Water Buffalo said...

Laila used to call Santa Claus just Claus and I thought it was the cutest thing ever...I was kind of sad when she changed to Santa.