Sunday, January 4, 2009

Off they go...

First of all I hope no one thinks I don't want my kids to grow up...more than anything I want them to grow up and be happy, smart, fun people ...I just don't want them to grow up yet. Well today was the first time in a very long time (maybe ever) that Tyler and I spent the last two hours of church without our kids (we still had kids around us just not ours). Garret went to Primary today for the first time and Spencer went to the junior nursery today. It was so strange not having them there by me. I kept hoping they were being good and having fun. We got a good report on both of them which eased my mind a little. Garret was very nervous to go to Primary. I told him he didn't have to go but if he didn't go he was too big for nursery so he would just have to sit on a chair the whole time. He decided he would give it a try and loved it. He also got his own Book of Mormon this morning. He loves pretending to read scriptures every night so we gave him one today and he was so proud of it. He took it to church and showed everyone! Spencer went to nursery and didn't even look back. He was happy to see me at the end but I am not sure he ever realized I was gone. I love my boys!
I heard that all of the sunbeams did really well today. I felt so bad missing their last week in nursery (that was when Garret had the flu so we stayed home). I missed having them all in my class but I am so glad that they did well in Primary.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Oh my goodness, that Garret looks like a little missionary !!
Tell him that I am so proud of him for going to the sunbeam class. I hope he loves primary.

Love, Mom

Debbie said...

What a big day for you Garret, a sunbeam already,& having your own book of mormon to read... You will have so much fun in your sunbeam class, learning about Jesus... Uncle Trenton, Grandpa & I were in our Sacrament when we remembered that today was the big day for you Garret... It brought back many memories for us...
Love & miss you all so much,
Grandma, Grandpa & Uncle Trenton