Sunday, January 25, 2009

Service Week 4

Last week I was able to do a couple different random acts of service. I would rather leave the details private -but I will say it feels good to help people.

This week I want to go donate blood...however I would need someone that wants to go with me to swap kids. If that doesn't work out I will probably make a baby blanket.....

Just a little heads up...Monday February 2 we are making the dinner at the Ronald McDonald house and would love to have others join us.

What I have learned so far....Having a goal of doing service each week has forced me to spend a lot of time thinking of others. Several times through out the week I will try and think of who is in need, what I could do, who and what I would need. It has been refreshing and beneficial for me to think outside my little bubble.

3 comments:

Debbie said...

Performing service is truely Gods work. You will be so blessed, and what an example for your family.

Love always, Mom

Sarah said...

You are doing great works! I'd love to help out at Ronald McDonald..if we can. What time do you have to be there? I also would love to give blood if I wasn't pregnant.

In April I was thinking of walking in the March of Dimes event if you're interested in joining me!

Natalie said...

I'd love to help out. I'm not sure if I'll have a car on Monday. What time do you have to be there and where is it? Have you given blood yet this week. I can go with you tomorrow if you haven't gone yet. Let me know.
Nat