Sunday, January 4, 2009

Service week one

I have been debating whether I should put my weekly service projects on the blog or not. I would like to have a record for myself and my kids of my attempt at a year of service but I know some of the things I do I won't want everyone to know about. I also think if I know others will be reading my plan it is more likely I will reach my goal. I think I am going to try and plan my service each Sunday and if it is something others can do if they want to I'll post it and if it isn't I will just say that. I know everyone is busy and I don't expect anyone to do them with me, I just figure I'll post my plan and if someone wants to do them with me they can. Anyway, This week I am going to attempt to make a couple of dresses for an orphanage in Haiti. I am planning on working on mine Tuesday night so you can come here or if you want you can make them and I'll send them with mine. They go to a church in Massachusetts that runs three orphanages in Haiti. The weather is always warm there so I am just going to make pillowcase dresses. If you are interested just let me know!

4 comments:

Natalie said...

Rachel-
I would love to join you. What do I need to get? This is a goal that I've wanted to do for a long time but I'll be honest sometimes I don't know where to start. I have a sewing machine. What type of fabric do I need and how much? Send me an email at natabogus@gmail.com. Thanks!
Natalie G.

Alicia said...

Um, I think that is the neatest idea - would you mind posting where you are sending them? Maybe I'll make some because I'm still in Seattle but my sisters just left for college so I am SO bored! =) I can look up how to make a pillow case dress online. Thanks!

Marianne Thayne said...

What a motivator Rachel! Kudos to you and I think your plan of posting is so appropriate. You can just say you accomplished your service if it isn't something that you want to share. You impress me! I look forward to seeing pictures of the dresses.

Four makes more... said...

Not too late...you must join and we have a lady from another country joining. Do you guys have any name ideas? The more you have the better chance you have of winning the 3 starter points. Oh I am soooo excited. This is going to be great!