Friday, February 6, 2009

Unpredictable

Life is unpredictable. I thought my week would go something like this-

-Ronald McDonald house dinner (yep, that happened...it was fun and I am so glad that a couple other families went with us).
-Pottery barn story hour (Check)
-Clean (kinda)
-Get packed and ready for a weekend away (Nope)
-Take Garret to his class (Nope)

My list wasn't really that long, this week was suppose to be pretty chiller then REALLY fun. I was all set to go visit my sister in DC for the weekend (with NO kids) and then things took a turn for the worse.

Monday night after Ronald McDonald house Tyler said "I didn't really eat that much and my stomach feels bloated".

Tuesday Tyler said he still felt like he had gas.

Wednesday same story only a little worse. I was beginning to wonder if it was something more than that or if he was super wimpy (come on it was just gas right?)

Then Thursday he went to school and called me at 10:30 and said he needed to go the hospital. We came and got him as quick as we could. After a day of waiting and a few test they said it was his appendix. The doctor gave us a very stern talking too about waiting so long to come in and then did the surgery. The doctor did not think it would have lasted more than another hour, so it's good we went when we did. It went well (all things considered) Tyler is still at the hospital (hopefully he will come home tomorrow). He feels awful still and the Doctor said that it would be a two to three week recovery getting better all along. Tyler was such a good sport all along and even when he was in so much pain he was still asking how the kids were and saying he was sorry I didn't get to go this weekend (as if he needs to be sorry about that...it's not like he gave himself the appendicitis. He is just so wonderful!

I was totally sad to miss my weekend away (my relaxing weekend turned into chaos weekend- is it even the weekend yet? I can't keep it all straight), not that I would ever want to leave Tyler when he feels like this- it just stinks that he had to get sick (for everyone....mostly for him). The hospital won't let the kids go see Tyler so if I go see him someone has to watch the kids. Mostly though I just feel so bad for Tyler. I feel bad that he hurts and that he is stuck there and I can't be with him all the time. I snuck the kids in for a minute today (the nurse kicked them out but at least they got to see him) and Garret said "Daddy doesn't look very good". They boys have missed him and are a little confused and starting to get worn out from being shuffled around.

I am so thankful for all our friends. They have been so great; Watching our kids, visiting Tyler, calling, emailing. Thanks everyone! Tyler is thankful too!

Like I said---Unpredictable!!!

4 comments:

Marianne Thayne said...

Wow. That is definately a good show of how the best laid plans can go astray. Sounds like you are hangin in there--get your rest now so when he comes home you can take good care of him and not wear yourself out--he gave you your service project for next week (taking care of him). Best Wishes to you all.

Kristy E.B. said...

How horrible! I'm glad that Tyler went to the hospital in time, but that stinks! Why can't the kids be in there to see him? Hopefully he doesn't get too far behind in school now too! Hopefully everything gets back to "normal" soon!

Leah and Joe said...

Sorry about the crazy week! We hope that Tyler gets feeling better. We love and miss you!

Leah and Joe

Betzy & Brandon said...

We['re so sorry to hear about Tyler. Please let us know if you need anything even if it's just to watch the kids or help at home. I'm not too good at crocheting but I can definitely cook!