Thursday, February 12, 2009

Upgrade

This is the stove we got when we bought the house. It was a little older (I don't actually know how old but judging from the color it was a 60's or 70's stove). It had some nice features; a warming shelf (I always liked the idea of that but never really used it...Tyler accidentally turned it on a few times...but that just melted whatever junk was sitting up there), it had four working burners and an interesting color. The big problem was the oven itself. It worked great at first then it started blowing little fireballs whenever it was turned on...it caught the dish cloth on fire once. It never really worried me though because even though it didn't work well I knew what to expect. The other problem was it would randomly turn off while cooking- this made cooking rather difficult. There was not pop it in and wait for the timer. Every five minutes you had to check and make sure it was still on. If it had turned off you had to turn the ignite switch over and over until it lit. (Why am I writing all of this? well....my Mom was here visiting and she was not a fan of the stove so this post is for her.)

Today we gave the old stove to a scrapper and got this new used stove off craigslist! It is two years old and only used for six months. Nothing fancy about it but maybe I'll be able to make a frozen pizza without the oven shutting off. I hope I didn't just jinx it!!! ( I will miss the yellow)

7 comments:

brent and kashann said...

yay for you! It's funny what you take for granted when it works, like my oven. I have been without a microwave for 2 weeks. Boy did I take that for granted.

Marianne Thayne said...

Congrats on the new addition. May your bens be warmed properly and may nothing ever catch on fire!

Marianne Thayne said...

Okay, no glasses on. I meant to say buns, not bens.

Debbie said...

The color is "70's" gold, and I can't believe that you could possibly miss it. I am so glad that you have finally replaced the stove - it really was not safe.
Thanks for making your Mama happy!
(-:
Love, Mom

Amber said...

nice!

Alicia said...

Rachel, Oh my goodness!! What a crazy week. I'm so glad that Tyler is ok - life is so unpredictable, you are right. I'm so SO glad you are all ok.

On a side note - I LOVE gas stove tops because you can adjust the heat just exactly how you want it, and it gets hotter than a normal stove, so water boils faster. What a fun purchase!!

steph said...

yay!! that was money well spent for sure and that oven is much prettier!!