Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentine's day 2009

Friday night we had planned to get dressed up, go to dinner and the church dance. I was actually pretty excited to go. I heard it was fun last year and thought it would be fun to dance with friends and have an excuse to get dressed up....but alas Tyler was still not feeling up to dancing (he was sent home early that day from his oral surgery rotation because he was about to pass out). So Friday night we spent a cozy evening at home.

Saturday I made my famous (OK they are not famous but they are tradition) heart shaped biscuits for breakfast. We all helped clean up- Spencer helped with dishes for the first time! Then we opened our "mailboxes". All week the kids had been putting things in them. It was fun seeing what they came up with. Their favorite was the "love bug" they made for Tyler. I helped them make it and they loved it. They were so excited to give it to him. I think Tyler loved it as well!



The kids mailboxes had the lovely cards Tyler and I made them as well a little coupon for a date with Mom. Garret wanted to use his right away. When I asked him what he wanted to do he said "go to the park". So I took Garret to play at the park. It was 24 degrees so we didn't play for to long. Then I let him pick out a doughnut. He said "can I get one for Spence" I said "no this is just your date, Ill take him out some other time". He ate half his doughnut then said "Mom, I really want to take the rest home for Spencer, I love him and I think he will like it". Who could say no to that!
Then we took the boys to the zoo for a little while. This was the first time Spencer has been that he has been old enough to just walk holding our hand and that he really appreciated it. It was so fun watching him react to every animal. Garret deemed himself the tour guide, held Spencer's hand and told him what the animals were. I love it when they are sweet to each other. (side story- Spencer has been getting his two year mollers in and sometimes he will cry or whimper at night. the other night I heard Garret say "It's OK little buddy, I'm here").

Later that night Tyler cooked us dinner and we watched a good romantic movie. I can't say it was the most eventful Valentine's day ever but it was nice. I like Valentine's day, it's a good excuse to say "I Love you" but I like all the Valentine's stuff better on a different day, when it is not so much of an obligation. I like waking up knowing that Valentine's day will be fun but I love the days when Tyler just randomly does something sweet even better (he is very thoughtful and spoils me!). Tyler is a great husband, I loved spending Valentine's day with him, he is my love and will be forever. I feel so blessed to have him in my life. I am so glad we found each other and have the life we have together.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

What an amazing Valentines Day, and what an amazing Family!!! I loved the entry, and I hope that your days together are long, and as happy as they are now.

Love, Mom