Thursday, March 19, 2009

Philly

Our last big stop was Philadelphia. We didn't spend much time here (a little too much though because we got a parking ticket...ugh). We visited the liberty bell (or broken bell as Garret called it), went in liberty hall (where the declaration and constitution were signed) and ate a Philly cheese steak. The chair at the head table is the actual chair where George Washington sat when he signed the Constitution. Everything was 95 percent original.




After our quick visit to Philadelphia we started for home. We stopped a few times to play the playground and eat. It was such a fun trip. I feel like I missed so many things we did and funny things the kids said. It was nice being somewhere else and all together. I am excited for the next trip we take, but for now it's nice being home.



3 comments:

Leah and Joe said...

Looks like such a fun trip. I hope some day we can make it out there to see all the sights! I am jealous you got to see Stephanie and Hector too! Stephs belly is so tiny!!
Looks like fun, but I am glad you are home-now you can answer all my phone calls!!

Alicia said...

What a fun trip! I love that mysterious "Anthony" guy who paid for your meal! And I LOVE Wild Hearts Can't Be Broken - so I'll have to check out Atlantic City this summer while we're in NJ!!

Ok, and Christopher and I are watching John Adams right now and I am LOVING seeing all the Philly pictures! I wish I had known more about the history when we visited. What a neat town - and what a GREAT trip!

Alicia said...

Oh yeah, and I am SO using the Trump hotel when we go! =)