Monday, May 4, 2009

It's finals week....

...so I am home while Tyler is off studying. I can't complain, Tyler does an amazing job of spending time with his family, but finals week is extra busy. So here i sit trying to decide what to do...I don't really feel like doing much so I guess I will see if there are any new pictures on my camera.


Here is one we took of our house. We thought it would be good to take a picture of it in the spring time since we will be selling it in winter and winter is not so pretty. Unfortunately the sky was kind of grey so we might try for another one on a sunnier day. This may look like just a garbage can...it's not. Inside there is a rat- yep a RAT. Tyler found it in there and stuck the lid on real fast. We couldn't decide what to do. We just couldn't bring ourselves to kill it...come on we could barely lift the lid. Then we thought about taking it down the street and dropping it off but decided the neighbors may not like it. Then we thought we could find a cat and through it in there with it but most of our friends with cats have inside cats that aren't really that tough and we would hate for them to lose to the rat. Then Tyler looked up rat poisons online and found something that was suppose to kill it right away (we didn't really enjoy this, we don't even squash ants in our house). It did not kill it right away. The next day it was still moving around in there. But Tyler had to go to school and I wasn't going to go out and play with it so it's still in there.
We roasted hot dogs Saturday night. These boys have no idea how lucky they are to have a Daddy that is so patient with them. They loved roasting the hot dogs and marshmallows. I was actually cold sitting outside and thinking "why didn't we just eat inside" but as I heard Garret talk about what a great night it was I realized that that was reason enough to sit out in the cold.

The Rocket!!! Tyler has been helping the boys work on the rocket at night. They love it. Garret and Spencer just sit and watch and help when they can. Then they run around and pretend to be rockets. They can't wait to "blast it off". I hope it lives up to their expectations. (Garret keeps saying that he wants a rocket for his birthday now).



As far as other news. I went to the doctor today. Everything looks good. The heart beat was in the 130's. My ultrasound was rescheduled for May 21st- only a couple more weeks and we can see the little one.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Whenever you don't feel like doing anything, I think you should write on your blog, because that was so fun to read, and the pictures were great!!!!!!!

Love, Mom