Friday, May 1, 2009

May Day

May Day is not a very big holiday...I did not know this until moving away from home. When I was growing up we always celebrated May Day. I remember in Elementary school making baskets to put flowers in to take to people. We always gave lilacs to our bus driver (I love lilacs). My year to give them to the bus driver I was so excited. I stepped on the bus and it was a sub and a man. I had a moment of shock then just handed him the flowers and sat down.

Then I met Tyler and he didn't even know what May Day was. I remember telling him on the phone about May Day (we were apart for a summer while we were dating). I read him what the encyclopedia said and then told him all my May Day memories. The next day he sent me flowers...I guess he decided to keep May Day alive.

This year I let the boys pick flowers from our yard (the ones they aren't aloud to touch) and we took them over to Grandma Bates our next door neighbor (that they love). She loved them and the boys thought it was so fun.
When we went home they thought the flowers were fair game and started pulling them out...I stopped that pretty quick. They have been getting into a bit of mischief lately. They are fairly well behaved little guys but the other day I found them giggling under the crib with a pack of graham crackers (that is just one example!).
*side note- I think Spencer might be potty trained (I will probably retract that statement tomorrow), he has started telling me when he has to go and he has had several accident free days in a row!

5 comments:

Goratrain and Ian-ator said...

I knew Tyler on the mission and he just seems to have picked the sweetest wife ever. What a great tradition. Your boys are absolutely adorable! Glad to see you both so happy.

Lora (Weber) Strawn

Debbie said...

HAPPY MAY DAY !!!!!!!!!

I am so glad to know that you have fond memories of May Day. We did have some fun, didn't we? And now you are having fun with your boys.
(-: That makes me happy.

Love, Mom

Jess said...

Congrats on the potty training, that is so nice to have most of it over with. I think it's awesome that you do such fun things with your boys. They are so cute, I love hearing the little stories about them! Tell happy birthday to Tyler from Randy and I!!

Alicia said...

I can't believe how good you are about celebrating holidays, that's awesome. I'll have to remember May Day next year.

Happy Birthiversary! =) I can't believe it's 5 years! We're five years in a week... crazy.

Hope you are feeling well these days.

Tia Saxton said...

What a romantic brother I have! I didn't know he sent you flowers on May Day.. Miss you guys! Can't wait to see you!