Thursday, May 7, 2009

Regression

Spencer has been doing so well with the potty, he tells me most of the time, he rarely has had an accident, he hasn't gone back to diapers once since we started not even at night, I can take him out and not worry too much. It's been awesome....until today!

I don't know what is wrong with him. I will ask him if he has to go and he says no then he goes number 2 in his pants (comes looking for me screaming "YUCKY"). It is a bit softer than normal so maybe he just doesn't have as long to react to it but it's sick and frustrating. I am hoping he is just having an off day...UGH! (I know I shouldn't complain he is barely 22 months old and generally speaking doing amazing- but cleaning out the underwear is not one of my favorite things).

Speaking of regression let's talk about Garret. He used to suck his fingers all the time. We told him when he turned three he had to stop. He did- except the occasional time I heard him when he was sleeping. Gradually I started hearing it more and more at night. He never really sucks on them during the day but at night he does. So I put some tape on his fingers to help him remember not to. The next day I go in and he is sucking on the other hand (that he never sucks on) so that night I put it on two fingers on both hands. The next morning he is sucking on his thumb (which I don't think even as a baby he ever did). So last night he went to bed with tape on every single finger. Hopefully a few nights of this will break him completely. It really doesn't bother me but I don't want him to mess up his teeth.

Between the two of them they keep me busy!

2 comments:

Marianne Thayne said...

Good luck with all of that! I used the tape trick on Ambur and it took about 4 months to get her to totally stop. Don't envy the cleaning of the dirties! But persevere and by the time the new baby comes the accidents should stop.

Debbie said...

I always look forward to reading your blogs, but today I am feeling just a little bit sorry for you. Not enough for you to stop writing, just wanted you to know that I was feeling your pain - just a little.

Love, Mom