Sunday, June 14, 2009

Daddy's Day

Tyler and I will not be together this Father's Day so we celebrated today. First let me say, Tyler is an excellent Dad. He loves his boys, plays with them, teaches them and I think he is a great example for them. Hopefully he had a great day even if it wasn't as restful as he would have liked!

The boys made him a tie (it's kind of a tradition). Tyler proudly wore it to church! Spencer made him this lovely card- he was so excited about it.
I took Garret to Lowe's yesterday. They do a free kids workshop every other Saturday. It was fun, he put this putting green together all by himself. I think we will try to go again sometime.

We had fun making extra yummy food for Tyler and we tried to tell him and show him how much we love him.
I asked Garret the same questions about Tyler I asked him about me on Mother's day. Here is what he came up with.

1. What is something Dad always says to you? Don't do that (Ha ha)

2. What makes Dad happy? When I do good things

3. What makes Dad sad?When I do naughty things

4. How does your Dad make you laugh? By tickling me

5. What did your Dad like to do when he was a child? I don't know I didn't see him

6. How old is your Dad? 7

7. How tall is your Dad? Longer than me

8. What is his favorite thing to watch on TV? hmmmm...ummmm...I don't know

9. What does your Dad do when you're not around? Different things, I don't see him then

10. What is your Dad really good at? Hammering nails in
11. What is your Dad not very good at? I don't know, he does a lot of good things

12. What does your Dad do for his job? Work at school

13. What is your Dad's favorite food? Broccoli (yeah right)

14. What makes you proud of your Dad? Playing baseball

15. If your Dad were a cartoon character, who would he be? Incredible hulk, that's a Daddy movie though
16. What do you and your Dad do together? We do art things
17. How are you and your Dad the same? We are not the same
18. How are you and your Dad different? His feet are bigger than mine

19. How do you know your Dad loves you? Because he loves me, he just loves me

20. What does your Dad like most about your Mom? Just watching Mommy, I guess (I guess that's good right?)

21. Where is your Dad's favorite place to go? to the park with us

22. What is one thing you wish you could change about your Dad?That we could watch TV every single day (We are such mean parents not letting him watch TV every day!)

23. What would your Dad do with a million dollars? take it to the pound (I think he was getting a little silly by this point)

24. What do you wish you could go and do with your Dad? Go buy stuff (still on the money question)

25. What is one thing you hope never changes about your Dad? That I always want to be with him (I don't see that ever changing)

6 comments:

Mike, Kalie and Jason Borynski said...

I love the 20 questions you do... I am totally going to steal that idea when Jason finally talks! I love the tie you gys made too... It was so cute, I might have to steal that idea too. You guys are such good parents!

Debbie said...

I hope that you ask these questions every year. It is so fun to read the responses, and it would be fun to compare from year to year what they say. Next year maybe you will get Spencer in on it too. You just have to love those kids !!!

Love, Mom

kandis said...

Garret is so funny! I'm glad you guys had a good Daddy's day!

Debbie said...

Oh I love seeing all the pictures, I just miss you guys so much!!! What a beautiful family you have!!!
Love to all,
Grandma

Alicia said...

What a fun idea to do those 20 questions. So adorable - I love that he said that Tyler just likes to look at you. What a charming little thing to say. =)

Why aren't you guys going to be together for Father's Day?

Tia Saxton said...

That's a cute idea! We'll have to try it when Everett can say more then "that","uh-oh","dada","mama" and "dog-dog". We miss you guys! Have fun in DC and Tyler have fun in Mexico! Michael is very jealous of you Tyler, by the way.