Thursday, June 25, 2009

Trip summary

A few memorable moments from our trip (some of these we would prefer to forget!), they are in no particular order and in no way capture it all-

1. Farewell song- As Tyler was dropping me off for the airport we heard what we thought was a good sappy song coming on. One of us made some comment about it being our farewell song...turns out it was the song that starts with "Everybody needs a little time apart"- we got a good laugh.

2. Not in my belly- Garret went with Hector to pick up Grandma and Grandpa from the airport. Apparently Grandma said something along the lines of "you get to have a baby soon". Garret was shocked and said "I AM NOT HAVING A BABY".

3. Not Again- Spencer, who has been potty trained for a good month or so prior to our trip decided he wanted to wait a little too long to go....every time (or at least that is what it felt like).

4. Leg Cramps- I got the dreaded middle of the night pregnancy leg cramps while there. The killer ones that make your leg sore for a solid day and make you dread ever pointing your toe.

5. Baby Talia- Everything about her so was cute, she was cute, everyone was cute with her...we all just loved her.

6. Legos- Garret and Spencer spent a couple hours playing Lego's with Uncle Hector, they loved it and have informed me they want to do it again.

7. Steph's Spot- Poor Steph has to spend so much time feeding her baby. I had fun teasing her about always sitting in the same spot. She did spend a lot of time sitting there!

8. Popsicles- My kids love them...but they are so messy...Grandpa Bob knows what I'm talking about!

9. Tantrums- Seriously my kids had some cute moments but they also reached some new lows. I think there was an entire day when Spencer's only source of communication was screaming.

10. Hot Summer Nights- Garret went to bed one night in his jammies. I heard some little feet moving around and when I went to check he said "I was hot so I took my jammies off, then I put them on because I thought I might get in trouble". I said I didn't care one way or the other. I checked on him again before I went to bed and he decided to sleep in the undies!

11. Photo Shoot- I did a very impromptu, unprofessional photo shoot of the baby. It made me want a nice camera even more.

12. Grandpa's Hair- Garret told Grandpa if he would have left his hair on he would not have gotten sunburned on his head.

13. Playing outside- The boys went "hiking", built a "birds nest", had a water fight, loved the slip n slide and like always enjoyed every minute of sunshine.

14. Girls night- My Mom, Sister and I went out to the movies one night. It was fun going out with the girls!

15. Emails from Daddy- We got a couple emails from Tyler in Mexico. I checked my email so many times hoping to hear from him. I can't believe how much I miss him. We can't wait til Saturday.

There are just a few random memories from our week away. We made it home last night. The kids went right to bed and seemed a little like their old selves today. They were not very happy about Tyler not being here when they got home. We just have a couple more days til we are back together again. We kept busy today. The boys played at the park for an hour this morning and I took them to the splash pool this afternoon.

3 comments:

Mike, Kalie and Jason Borynski said...

Sounds like you guys had a great time! I think traveling definately brings out new highs and lows in all kids :-)

Mike, Kalie and Jason Borynski said...

I get these terrible leg cramps in the middle of the night too. After suffering through my first pregnancy with no relief I have finally found when you first feel them starting to tighten try to lock your heel down. If you realize it's starting (sometimes it is hard in the middle of sleep) it stops it right in it's tracks! Goodluck!

Kristy E.B. said...

Sounds like lots of fun. What's Tyler doing in Mexico?