A few memorable moments from our trip (some of these we would prefer to forget!), they are in no particular order and in no way capture it all-
1. Farewell song- As Tyler was dropping me off for the airport we heard what we thought was a good sappy song coming on. One of us made some comment about it being our farewell song...turns out it was the song that starts with "Everybody needs a little time apart"- we got a good laugh.
2. Not in my belly- Garret went with Hector to pick up Grandma and Grandpa from the airport. Apparently Grandma said something along the lines of "you get to have a baby soon". Garret was shocked and said "I AM NOT HAVING A BABY".
3. Not Again- Spencer, who has been potty trained for a good month or so prior to our trip decided he wanted to wait a little too long to go....every time (or at least that is what it felt like).
4. Leg Cramps- I got the dreaded middle of the night pregnancy leg cramps while there. The killer ones that make your leg sore for a solid day and make you dread ever pointing your toe.
5. Baby Talia- Everything about her so was cute, she was cute, everyone was cute with her...we all just loved her.
6. Legos- Garret and Spencer spent a couple hours playing Lego's with Uncle Hector, they loved it and have informed me they want to do it again.
7. Steph's Spot- Poor Steph has to spend so much time feeding her baby. I had fun teasing her about always sitting in the same spot. She did spend a lot of time sitting there!
8. Popsicles- My kids love them...but they are so messy...Grandpa Bob knows what I'm talking about!
9. Tantrums- Seriously my kids had some cute moments but they also reached some new lows. I think there was an entire day when Spencer's only source of communication was screaming.
10. Hot Summer Nights- Garret went to bed one night in his jammies. I heard some little feet moving around and when I went to check he said "I was hot so I took my jammies off, then I put them on because I thought I might get in trouble". I said I didn't care one way or the other. I checked on him again before I went to bed and he decided to sleep in the undies!
11. Photo Shoot- I did a very impromptu, unprofessional photo shoot of the baby. It made me want a nice camera even more.
12. Grandpa's Hair- Garret told Grandpa if he would have left his hair on he would not have gotten sunburned on his head.
13. Playing outside- The boys went "hiking", built a "birds nest", had a water fight, loved the slip n slide and like always enjoyed every minute of sunshine.
14. Girls night- My Mom, Sister and I went out to the movies one night. It was fun going out with the girls!
15. Emails from Daddy- We got a couple emails from Tyler in Mexico. I checked my email so many times hoping to hear from him. I can't believe how much I miss him. We can't wait til Saturday.
There are just a few random memories from our week away. We made it home last night. The kids went right to bed and seemed a little like their old selves today. They were not very happy about Tyler not being here when they got home. We just have a couple more days til we are back together again. We kept busy today. The boys played at the park for an hour this morning and I took them to the splash pool this afternoon.