Sunday, June 28, 2009

Tampico, Mexico




Como estan everybody,
Well I went on a really great trip that taught me more about the type of dentist and person that I want to be. I was able to go to Tampico, Mexico to do dental work for a community there that is more then the poor that most people reading this blog know. The school the we did the work in was on the edge of a land fill where over 7,000 families lived. The made their homes from the stuff within the land fill and had little or nothing to their name. It was one of the most rewarding things in my life to be able to help these people out. They were so thankful and kind to all of us that came. I know now that I will continue to do this type of work with our family throughout our lives and we will al be the better for it.














I am grateful for all that I learned and that I have a greater understanding of service and how I important it is in my life. I can't wait to do this again, but next time with my family helping too.








4 comments:

Mike, Kalie and Jason Borynski said...

That's so great your trip went well, and you were able to help so much. I only hope our family will be able to make as big of a difference in the world!

Kristy E.B. said...

What an awesome experience! Serving others is the most rewarding amazing experience, especially for people who have so much need and are so grateful. Those will be memories you hold dear forever.

Debbie said...

I am so glad you had an amazing experience as you served the people of Tampico, Mexico... You are a wonderful example to me son... Thank-you for being the caring, loving person that you are... We can't wait to see all of you,
I love you,
Mom

The Weist Family said...

Sounds like you had an amazing time. I am so glad to have found your cute family. Everyone looks great! Give Rachel a hug for me. ~Misty