Friday, July 3, 2009

Spencer

Our little Spencer will be two on Sunday (we are celebrating tomorrow though). I can't believe how fast he is growing up. I can't imagine our family without him. He is a feisty little thing with a smile that could melt just about any heart. Some of my favorite Spencer things are:
-The way he says "Hey Mom"

-When I ask him how long his Mommy will love him he says "forever and ever" and then usually says "me love you forever and ever"

-When we ask who his best buddy is he usually says "Garret best buddy"

-He loves to make faces
-I love his voice so much. I ask him to say things over and over just so I can hear them. Some of my favorites are "Okie dokey artichokey", "Uh-oh Spaghettio" and "Whoops a daisy". His little voice is so adorable!!!

-He will randomly run across a room just for a hug

-When he is crying and I say what do you need he will say "a hug"

-He cries in the car sometimes and then says "hold your hand"

-When he is apart from Garret he gets so excited when he is home he will hug him over and over

-He loves singing "Take me out to the ballgame", "Jesus wants me for a sunbeam" and "Lets get down to business"
-He loves doing art projects

-He thinks all letters make the "c" sound

-Pink is his favorite color
-He thinks he is much bigger than he is
-He was potty trained at 21 months and then totally regressed on vacation (maybe that doesn't fit under favorite Spencer things!)

-He always wants to see the elephants at the zoo

-He is obsessed with Milk. He would live on Milk if I let him. He seems to constantly be saying "drink milk please".

-When he is naughty he will go sit on the bottom step by himself sometimes

-He is very brave and doesn't cry too much when he gets hurt. He is satisfied with a kiss from Mom in most cases (sometimes I can just blow him a kiss if he is hurt and that does the job).

-He says hi to every bird he sees

-He likes to bring me the phone and say "call...."

-He wants to be able to ride his bike but can't reach the pedals so we tie a rope on the front and drag him around- he won't get on without his helmet

-He talks more all the time, there are few words he doesn't know these days

-He loves to play pretend- they pretend to be dogs, rockets, super heroes, mice etc.

-Spencer and Garret can be best friends one minute and enemies the next- their least favorite consequence is being separated even if they are mad at each other

-Spencer loves to dance but he likes to be held or else he just spins in a circle til he falls over then he laughs

-When he runs its very prancy up and down, it makes his cheeks bounce around and it's just so cute

-He still has little rolls on his legs and a double bum as we like to call it. Sometimes I'll say he is just so cute I hope he stays the way he is and Tyler will say something like "I bet the girls will love the double bum when he is older" I guess maybe he will have to grow out of some of his babyhood but I love it.

There are so many things I love about Spencer, it would be impossible to list them all. He melts my heart, makes me smile, and reminds me whats important in life everyday. I wish I could slow him down so I could enjoy him even more. I think he is going to grow up into a little charmer.

Oh Spencer I love you so much- I will love you forever and ever.....I hope you have a great day tomorrow!

3 comments:

Debbie said...

What a sweetheart !!!!!!!!

Give him a kiss for me (Garret too!)

Love, Grandma

Stephanie said...

We love our little Spencer. One of my favorite things about Spencer is the cute way he says, "Hey baby Talia." I also love his obsession with milk. He is one cute kid.

Marianne Thayne said...

You have a beautiful gift of writing. This was so enjoyable to read. i can't believe he is two--I have never met him and yet feel like I know him from your entries. Happy Birthday Spencer from your 'great' auntie Marianne