Saturday, August 15, 2009

Baby Three

Everything seems to be going well with the little lady. The time passes so fast sometimes and other days feel like they drag by. We have been busy with the boys and by the end of the day I just prop my feet up and feel exhausted. We are getting more excited all the time and I am finally starting to feel like I should get things ready for her to come (we still have almost two months so no big hurry) but up til this point I have barely glanced at baby things at the store and now I am making list of things to get when I get around to it. The boys are getting so excited too. Garret will say things like "your belly sure is getting big, I think she has got to come out soon". They both love kissing my belly and feeling her move. They love saying "if you love me kick" so I make my stomach move and they are convinced she loves them already (I am sure she does). I can't wait to see what they think of her.

One of the strangest things this time around has been other peoples reactions. For example I was at the play place at the mall the other day with the boys. They were being very well behaved, walking by me, holding my hand, all smiles and happy- a lady comes up to me and says "Oh I am so sorry for you". My kids were not even acting up. The other thing I get a lot is people saying "good things this is a girl now you can be done". It's like the only reason I would ever want to keep having kids was because I was trying for a girl...just wait til I have baby four- that will just blow people away. It makes me sad that people see families as a burden or something to feel sorry for me about (not that I think everyone should have lots of kids).

We still don't have a name picked out. We throw names around occasionally but nothing has been determined. She will probably get an old fashioned name- that seems to be what we go back to, but who knows (so if you have a great suggestion let us know). That is about all the baby news we have, maybe Ill take a picture one of these days so everyone can see how incredibly huge I am this time (I am now up to the weight I delivered both of the boys at- ugh). More to come on our little lady....

8 comments:

Water Buffalo said...

my little lady has an old fashion name....some names these days are bizarre. take care these last couple months but enjoy the rest while you can! I can't wait to see the new addition.

Anthony and Kristie said...

Ooh man, aren't the comments entertaining? I am pretty sure almost everyone in New York thinks I am crazy to have so many kids so close. I am glad to know I am not the only one who gets random comments from strangers.

Stephanie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marianne Thayne said...

Nice to read a little and I look forward to more. People surely can be rough with their comments and some of the attitudes sure are sorrowful--they miss out on all the joys that come from families!

The Bennett Family Blog said...

AHHH! The things people say can be so rude! Been there too! Can't wait to hear the name you come up with. I had a whole list of girl names I loved (all old fashioned)and we have had trouble with boy names! 4 weeks left for us and have decided on Wesley James. Good luck to you, Rachel. I know all too well about being huge! I'm at my delivery weight too. YIKES! Shoot us an email sometime...bennettpainting@hotmail.com : )

Rachel said...

What in the heck was that lady thinking?? Who are these people?? What did you say back? "I'm not! I adore my children!"

Your boys are so darling and well-behaved, and I know you work very hard at being a mother--but you make it look so fun, and I hope to be just like you when I have a kid or two (or three..or more) of my own. Seriously, you make it look so rewarding.

Mike, Kalie, Jason, and Lexie Borynski said...

I don't like those comments either, and I only had one to comment on (and I think he's great). I can't believe how many people think their children are a burden... so sad. Also I have a few boxes of used girl clothes someone gave me, if you're interested. Plus a few never used newborn things that Lexie doesn't fit into!

kristenita said...

brontë!!! come on, do it.