Friday, October 9, 2009

Coming Home

We came home Thursday morning. I was so excited and ready to come home. I missed the boys so much and could not wait for them to meet their long anticipated sister.
She looked so big in her car seat and so cute in real clothes.

When we got home the boys were so cute and excited. Garret just kept laughing and Spencer was amazed my tummy was gone (which was nice since the first thing someone said after Garret when they saw me was "I see you haven't had your baby yet"). They both started kissing her and singing to her. They want to help with everything (seriously everything). They also want to know about everything- why she doesn't have a "wee-wee", why she has a funny belly button, why she eats "mommy milk" etc. We have been doing a lot of educating lately.
They love their sister and don't seem to have anything but love for her...however they have been different lately. Very needy, clingy, doing things for attention etc. I think it will take a little getting used to. There are a lot of sweet moments mixed in with the chaos- Garret asked me if Adele would always be a girl. I said yes. Then with a big smile he said "I think I'll marry her someday". Luckily the chaos doesn't bother me like it did after Spencer. I know it will settle down, I know this first part will be so short- probably too short. I know I'll sleep again- someday. Things really are pretty great.
She loves to sleep but not so much in her bed. She will sleep for a good four hours in a row or more if she is snuggled up to someone. We have some training to do!
Several people have asked how we narrowed down the name to Adele. Well Tyler said we had to 12 to decide the name. I came up with five names and told him I would be happy with any of them- Emmaline, Edith, Scarlett, Bridget and Adele. He then narrowed it down to Emmaline and Adele and Adele won. Hopefully she thinks we picked right as well. I think since we decided her name so late it still feels a little funny to call her that. She normally is "the baby" or "baby sister".
We are glad to have her home and be all together.

5 comments:

Leah and Joe said...

that first picture is pretty funny.....

Boss said...

She's beautiful! Congratulations!

Natalie said...

She is so cute. In one of the first pictures you posted of her she looks just like your boys. Hope you're doing well!

Debbie said...

She is so precious & I am sure her Big Brothers think that she is wonderful...
Love to all, Grandma & Grandpa

kandis said...

she's such a doll!