Wednesday, May 27, 2009
Tuesday, May 26, 2009
Monday, May 25, 2009
I asked them how excited they were to see him and these are the faces they made!
Here is my big ole baby bump at 20 weeks...I can't believe I am only half way...I feel so huge!!!
Sunday, May 24, 2009
Saturday, May 23, 2009
Friday, May 22, 2009
Thursday, May 21, 2009
We are super excited (we like to think we would have been either way). Tyler got in the car and said in a very excited voice "I've never been a girl Daddy before!". We had planned to put a picture of a boy ultrasound up and pull everyone's leg but Tyler said there was no way he could keep it a secret, even for a day.
I will post the ultrasound pictures soon!
Wednesday, May 20, 2009
Tuesday, May 19, 2009
Sunday, May 17, 2009
This week I think I will try to make a few things for the organization Newborns in Need.
We kept busy playing outside, going to the mall play place, shopping, going to a birthday party, reading and lots of playing. Their parents told us their daughter can be dramatic...we never saw that side of her...she was so cute and easy. We decided if all girls are like her we just might have to get ourselves one (we find out Thursday!).After letting them run around in the sprinkler they "worked" in the garden. After that I had four muddy kids, so I gave them all a bath together. It was pretty funny seeing them all in there. They thought it was soooo cool!
The last night we let them "camp out" in the living room. Spencer couldn't stop talking so he took his sleeping bag into his bedroom and camped in there but the other boys did so good. I think after me taking Spencer into his room they were all so worried they might not get to "camp" that I didn't hear a single word out of them.
Sunday, May 10, 2009
They made me a yummy dinner. And rather than being to bed early the days events caused them to go to bed late- so I am sure tomorrow will be interesting as well. It really was a day packed full of sweet moments and a bit of craziness!
I love being a Mother. I love my kids. There are hard days and easy days but I wouldn't trade it for anything. I have learned so much from being a parent. I feel so blessed to have the two wonderful kids I have. They make me smile everyday. I am excited for our new baby and all the adventures in parenting that are ahead!
Here is cute little Garret boy singing to me!
Friday, May 8, 2009
The birdies are in the nest we made a long time ago. There were five babies and one egg. They were really cute. I named one "shashaboomboom". They really like the house. Thank you for helping me make it.
I love you- Garret
(That was straight from his mouth!)
Thursday, May 7, 2009
After nap time I went upstairs to work on something and the next thing you know I hear "come see this, you are gonna be so happy". He had taken the entire laundry basket full of clothes and "put them away" (he stuck some in each drawer!). He was so excited about it...I thanked him again and then we discussed how we should help people by doing things we know how to do and that certain jobs he should ask me before doing!
We will see what he comes up with next!!!
On another note...Spencer had his two accidents this morning and has since gone back to telling me when he has to go...I am hoping this morning was the fluke and this afternoon the norm!
Some good news- Tyler finished his finals today!! Yeah!!! Now he is technically a fourth year dental student! He has a three day weekend before he heads back for spring extension!!!
I don't know what is wrong with him. I will ask him if he has to go and he says no then he goes number 2 in his pants (comes looking for me screaming "YUCKY"). It is a bit softer than normal so maybe he just doesn't have as long to react to it but it's sick and frustrating. I am hoping he is just having an off day...UGH! (I know I shouldn't complain he is barely 22 months old and generally speaking doing amazing- but cleaning out the underwear is not one of my favorite things).
Speaking of regression let's talk about Garret. He used to suck his fingers all the time. We told him when he turned three he had to stop. He did- except the occasional time I heard him when he was sleeping. Gradually I started hearing it more and more at night. He never really sucks on them during the day but at night he does. So I put some tape on his fingers to help him remember not to. The next day I go in and he is sucking on the other hand (that he never sucks on) so that night I put it on two fingers on both hands. The next morning he is sucking on his thumb (which I don't think even as a baby he ever did). So last night he went to bed with tape on every single finger. Hopefully a few nights of this will break him completely. It really doesn't bother me but I don't want him to mess up his teeth.
Between the two of them they keep me busy!
Wednesday, May 6, 2009
1. What is something mom always says to you? Not to poke Spencer (I didn't know I said this a lot!!!)
2. What makes mom happy?When I make her smile (He loves to smile and me and say "are you so happy now?")
3. What makes mom sad?when I make bad choices (True)
4. How does your mom make you laugh?tickle me
5. What did your mom like to do when she was a child?you had pets (He always wants me to tell him about the animals I had when I was little)
6. How old is your mom?I don't know
7. How tall is your mom?really long (!)
8. What is her favorite thing to watch on TV? Just TV I guess (He never really sees me watch TV)
9. What does your mom do when you're not around?Do different stuff, boring stuff (He thinks anything that doesn't include him is boring)
10. What is your mom really good at?helping me with stuff (This boy thinks I know the answer to everything)
11. What is your mom not very good at?I don't know (Someday that answer will change)
12. What does your mom do for her job?clean the house and stuff (All the time it feels like)
13. What is your mom's favorite food?Jello (I think I have made this for the first time last night)
14. What makes you proud of your mom?When Spencer got potty trained (?)
15. If your mom were a cartoon character, who would she be? Maybe the duck from the library movie (it was a duck that spelled everything so I guess I resemble that)
16. What do you and your mom do together? go outside
17. How are you and your mom the same?we are not the same- you're big and I am little
18. How are you and your mom different?Because you are big and I am little
19. How do you know your mom loves you?Because you say "I love you"
20. What does your mom like most about your dad?that he likes to go to the playground (I am easy to please!)
21. Where is your mom's favorite place to go?Chuck E Cheese (Maybe he heard the question wrong!)
22. What is one thing you wish you could change about your mom?She could be even sillier
23. What would your mom do with a million dollars?I don't know, just put it back
24. What do you wish you could go and do with your mom? Go on a date with Mommy, please can we do that? (Of course!)
25. What is one thing you hope never changes about your mom?That she never turns into a TV Character. (He was a little concerned after that cartoon character question)
It was fun asking Garret and seeing what he said. Being his Mom is so much fun!!!
Monday, May 4, 2009
Here is one we took of our house. We thought it would be good to take a picture of it in the spring time since we will be selling it in winter and winter is not so pretty. Unfortunately the sky was kind of grey so we might try for another one on a sunnier day. This may look like just a garbage can...it's not. Inside there is a rat- yep a RAT. Tyler found it in there and stuck the lid on real fast. We couldn't decide what to do. We just couldn't bring ourselves to kill it...come on we could barely lift the lid. Then we thought about taking it down the street and dropping it off but decided the neighbors may not like it. Then we thought we could find a cat and through it in there with it but most of our friends with cats have inside cats that aren't really that tough and we would hate for them to lose to the rat. Then Tyler looked up rat poisons online and found something that was suppose to kill it right away (we didn't really enjoy this, we don't even squash ants in our house). It did not kill it right away. The next day it was still moving around in there. But Tyler had to go to school and I wasn't going to go out and play with it so it's still in there.
Sunday, May 3, 2009
Friday, May 1, 2009
Then I met Tyler and he didn't even know what May Day was. I remember telling him on the phone about May Day (we were apart for a summer while we were dating). I read him what the encyclopedia said and then told him all my May Day memories. The next day he sent me flowers...I guess he decided to keep May Day alive.
This year I let the boys pick flowers from our yard (the ones they aren't aloud to touch) and we took them over to Grandma Bates our next door neighbor (that they love). She loved them and the boys thought it was so fun.
The first being it is Tyler's birthday.
The boys crawled in bed with him when they woke up. Then woke him with kisses.It was finally time to open the presents. Most of his presents were not that exciting. However, the boys picked him out a rocket about a month ago. It has been wrapped waiting. They were so funny about it. They would not say the word rocket around Tyler, even if it came up in conversation (they would say "oh we can't say that"). Then as soon as he left for school they would run around and say "Rocket, Rocket, Rocket". They were really excited for him to open it. I think they thought that he could play with it right away. I am sure they will have fun making it together. I think a couple years from now they would have enjoyed it more but they were just so cute picking it out that I couldn't resist.
We all had fun trying to make it a special day for Tyler. We love Tyler so much. He is the best daddy and husband in the whole world. I hope his 28th year is a great year.
The second reason April 30th is a big day is it is our Anniversary!!! People love to say to Tyler "good thing your anniversary and birthday are on the same day, you'll never forget"...here's the things about that- Tyler would never forget. Even though we celebrated a couple weeks ago by going away he still made sure to do something special on our anniversary. I found a note waiting, it was very sweet and inside there was a riddle. They were really tricky, they led to the next clue. Some of the riddles had gifts with them...it was so fun!!!
This is our fifth anniversary! These last five years have been so great. Married life is so fun. I know it sounds cliche but we are best friends. We never run out of things to talk about, we never get tired of being together, we really do love each other more all the time. Tyler is just the greatest, I hope he had as fun a day yesterday as I did!!! Thanks Tyler for everything!
April 30th was a big day!!!