Friday, February 5, 2010

A Hairy Day

Spencer decided to cut his own hair today. I am not sure if I ever told him he wasn't suppose to. I know I have talked to Garret about it but I don't know if Spencer really knew it was wrong. Usually if he is going to do something he knows is wrong he runs off to do it or won't tell me about it. He was standing right next to me, I was paying attention to Dels, I look over and snip. Right to the scalp. He got a buzz cut but you can still tell. Tyler decided Garret needed a mohawk. I don't really like it. I say it comes of by Sunday- he doesn't agree....we will see.


Look who finally smiled for the camera!!! This is what Deli is like most of the time. We look in her direction, enter the room, say her name and ta-da smiles from Deli. (Unless she needs something, then it is another story).



In other news-
We showed our house several times this week. One person wants to come back and do a second walk through, hopefully that works out. It is crazy trying to keep it clean, you really never know when people will want to come over.
Garret and Spencer will be getting their pirates tomorrow. They sold homemade Valentine's, collected cans, turned in can donations (thanks Josh and Dave), and sold some of their toys. I am very excited to see their reaction to the pirates tomorrow. I think it will be fun and rewarding. I don't think they completely understand money yet but I do think it was a lesson in waiting and working. Hopefully if we keep teaching the same principles they will end up being money-wise.
Garret is starting to read. Just little words and he needs lots of help still but he is starting to get it. He gets frustrated sometimes and it is a lesson in patience for us both. I am so excited for him to be able to read. I love reading and I know he will too.

3 comments:

Debbie said...

She is so stinkin cute ! (That is a complement by the way) Tell those boys that I am so very proud of them for working hard to earn their money. Love to all.

Love, Mom

Marianne Thayne said...

That picture of Adele just made me laugh right out loud. What a beautiful smile and she looks like she is about to burst with joy! I say no to the Mohawk but having said it, it sure looks cute! Great pictures and happenings!

Amanda Thurman said...

Rachel your little girl looks just like you!!!

Amanda