Thursday, February 18, 2010

Selling A House

This is my first experience with selling a house.

There are a few good things about it-
My house is cleaner than normal....I guess just one good thing and it hardly counts because it falls under the less than pleasant category again.

The hard things-
Keeping it clean- We requested four hours notice before anyone comes to look at our house. Usually we get that - sometimes we don't. We get calls from realtors saying "I know you requested four hours notice but could we show it in one hour". I don't want to say "No" because they could be the person that falls in love with our house. Thus, I feel like I must keep it clean at all times. We always have kept it fairly clean. The kids get things out, then put them away but this is to a whole new level.

Plus once I get it clean then what do the kids do...I don't want them to make a mess, but I hate having them watch TV, we figure it out but it can get challenging and I think it wears them out a little too. (I am sure I am making this sound worse than it it- probably because I just got a call from a realtor that wants to come this afternoon and I wanted to take a nap!)

Being sick- All week I have felt a little under the weather and now I get to clean, chase kids and try to get feeling better.

I get my hopes up every time thinking these people will want our cute adorable little house. We have been told a couple times that people really liked our house and were considering it. That is as far as it's gotten so far. At the same time I get a little sentimental about the house each time. I have decided it is better if they look at it with me gone because the one time I stayed home I had to listen to the woman who was looking at our house rip it apart the entire time she was here. It made me sad and upset and I didn't want her to have my house (which she didn't want either).

I know our house hasn't been up for very long yet (how do people do it for months or years?). Hopefully it sells to the perfect people soon. (I think if I ever have to sell a house again Ill get it all ready then leave for a while).

Anyway enough ranting about that I have to go clean because I only have a couple hours until another showing!!!

3 comments:

Mike, Kalie, Jason, and Lexie Borynski said...

Don't worry I think your house will go fast! I don't want you guys to go :-( I hope you feel better soon!

Mike, Kalie, Jason, and Lexie Borynski said...

Don't worry I think your house will go fast! I don't want you guys to go :-( I hope you feel better soon!

Sarah said...

That's great that you've had so many buyers looking at your house. It must be hard to keep it clean, however! Hang in there. I will pray that it sells fast.