Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Cruel and Unusual Punishment

On Sunday we gave Adele her first food. I thought she would love it...she is a vivacious nurser. She HATED it. She just held her mouth open and pushed it out with her tongue. Then she screamed. I tried again...she screamed again. I tried the next day...same scenario. I tried different foods, different temperatures and different people feeding her. It did no good now she cries when I put her in her chair.
I think my plan will be to wait a few days and then try again. It's weird though because she doesn't lick the spoon of try to suck on it like the boys did. The boys loved eating so much...this is so foreign to me.
It's probably my fault because I keep telling her to stay my little baby!

2 comments:

Mike, Kalie, Jason, and Lexie Borynski said...

haha... she's paying you back for holding out so long!

Aaron and Devony said...

Sydney ate food right away too but Mady wouldn't. She had that infant tongue thrust reflex for a long time and then once she got over that she refused to eat anything pureed. She ended up drinking bottles until she was 8 months old when she finally sucked on a piece of steak and decided that there were other tastes out there that she liked. But she skipped baby foods and went straight to chunks because she still didn't like the texture of pureed foods. She also hated spoons and wouldn't let us feed her - she had to do it herself. Hopefully Adele isn't that stubborn!