Thursday, March 25, 2010

"Dental Wives" (After four years we should have given ourselves a better title)

Four years ago we started looking at online message boards that were set up for incoming students. We would read peoples entries and try to guess if they were married or if we thought they would become our friends. When we arrived we still didn't know if we would make any friends.

Barbecues and get togethers were organized and after a little shuffling around everyone seemed to find a niche. Over the last four years this group of dental wives has had a huge impact on my experience here. Some of the ladies I do not see as often as others but they are all very special to me. We were all there for each other over the years. We babysat, had baby showers, girls nights, book club...we stayed up way too late, ate tons of yummy food, discussed life together- our concerns, our frustrations, our joys, our thoughts and our friendships.

We came from various places and backgrounds. We had dental school in common and then realized we had more than that to share. This picture is from Book club this week (Sarah T. was not there).

In just a couple short months we will all be heading in different directions (Kristen and Erica are heading in the same direction). I don't know when we will all be together again, or if we ever will be together again once we disperse. What I do know is that I am thankful that I have known these women. I am thankful that we all ended up in Buffalo together. I am glad we all took turns planning things so we had an excuse to get together. I hope that we all keep in touch (blogs are great) and that everything goes well for each of them. I really love all of these girls!

4 comments:

Marianne Thayne said...

Very nice Rachel. Friends are great and I am sure you will be life long friends now.

Sarah said...

Rachel,
I am going to miss you and all of the other girls as well! It has certainly been a fun four years.

Thanks for being such a great friend!

Kennon said...

You almost made me cry. So glad I didn't miss this one because I was too lazy to leave the house.

Thanks for being one of the ones that kept planning things. I hate to have to split up. I am sure that the blogs will keep us all in touch, and also the state of Washington for me and you.

kristenita said...

dang end of dental school! I'm still in denial that we are all going our separate ways. it's been fun & I love you, too!!

for sure we will have girls nights & book clubs in heaven... if we all aren't together again before then.