Monday, April 5, 2010

6 Months


I just can't believe my little Adele is 6 months old (tomorrow if you want to get technical). She is just the most wonderful little bundle of joy. I can't get enough of her. I wish I slow time down and just soak in all her cute babyness. She is growing way to fast. Here is a little about Deli at 6 months-
-It's hard to think we ever debated names for her. Adele totally fits her. She gets called by a million nicknames and they all are perfect for her.
-She is amazing in the walker. Not only can she walk she can get to where she wants to go. She turns corners and follows the boys around.
-She has one tooth and could have two by tomorrow it's so close.
-She no longer screams when we feed her but she doesn't really eat. She sits with her mouth open and kind of leans forward til it falls out. It's funny and frustrating and the same time. She loves teething on celery and big carrots. She would suck on those all day so it's not the flavor she has a problem with. She just doesn't seem to know how to swallow the mushy stuff.
-She has finally started sleeping through the night. I put her down at 6 or 6:30 and then feed her again 5:30 or 6:00. My fingers are crossed she keeps it up because this is a new thing!
-She is the smiliest baby. All you have to do is look at her and she smiles. I love it.
-She finally figured out how to roll. She has been sporadically rolling for a while but it was always on accident. Now she rolls with a purpose.
-She giggles a lot now and it's so fun.
-She loves her brothers. I can't emphasize this enough. She is absolutely in love with them.
-She loves to play with and eat her feet.
-She is almost always a little trooper. We can drag her around anywhere we go and she does great.
- She drools more than I remember the boys drooling. I can put something clean on her and within and hour it could be soaked from top to bottom. She spits up a lot too.
-Her hair is really starting to grow. It's not long by any means but it seems to be growing more each day.
-She has found her little voice and likes to listen to the noises she can make. The boys think they can interpret what she is saying.
-She doesn't like the sun in her eyes.
-She loves to take baths and kick her legs.
-Sometimes we hear a loud thumping noise at night and it is just Dels kicking her legs up and down her crib.
-She doesn't like being over tired.
-She has only had one bottle in her six months of life and after that first one she would never have anything to do with them again.
-She hasn't taken a pacifier since she was a couple weeks old.
-She sucks on her fingers but not if she is upset.
-She has been sharing a room with the boys since she was about three months old. They don't bother her and she doesn't bother them- I don't know why I was so worried about putting them all in the same room.
-She is a tough little girl. She gets pretty smothered and takes it like a champ.
-She has the thickest thighs. There are so many rolls on them and they are big and squishy. So cute- but definitely something she will want to outgrow at some point.
-She has a little dimple up above her lip.
Adele has been such a great addition to our family. I thought having three was going to be tough and it is occasionally but 95 percent of the time it's more fun than I could imagine. We are so glad we have this beautiful little girl in our family.
I just can't believe I have a 4 1/2 year old an almost 3 year old and a 6 month old baby. How lucky can one Mama get?!

1 comment:

Debbie said...

I can't wait until I can kiss those cute little (-: cheeks of hers.

Love, Mom