Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter






We had a very nice Easter today. We didn't do any big presents or elaborate parties. The kids got new clothes for church and we filled a bowl with fun healthy foods and one treat each. They thought it was wonderful. I put in kiwi and mangos and things we don't buy very often. I decided back when it was Garret's first Easter I didn't want to do gifts other than church clothes. We just wanted it to be a holiday about the Savior and his Love and his Resurrection. (We still decorate eggs and we hid a few eggs on the lawn on Friday).

We listened to conference today and shared a nice meal with friends. We talked about the Savior and what He did for us. We want our kids to know how much we love our Savior. We hope that we show them and tell this every day but hopefully on days like today they really felt it.

I am so grateful for my Savior. I know that he lives and that because of his sacrafice we can all live again. This truth is the greatest thing- It brings me peace in this crazy world. Hope in the future and joy. I hope that I can learn to reflect his love and example in all that I do. I hope I can help my children develop their own testimonies and love for the Savior.

1 comment:

The Bennett Family Blog said...

BEAUTIFUL! You have a photography talent! Our babies have a lot on common! Wesley isn't a fan of eating yet either, but loves to eat his feet too. The kids are getting so big. It's hard to believe our yougest babes are almost half way through their first year. : )