Our house has been on the market since February 1st. We have had TONS of showings but until last week we had not had any offers. We were excited when we found out someone was coming to look at the house for a 3rd time. I ended up being here when she came. She was a nice person but I got a bad feeling about it. It just didn't feel right. Later that day we heard we had an offer. Even then I had mixed feelings- I was excited to have an offer but not excited about how we felt about it. The offer ended up being low, she wouldn't budge much, she had a complicated loan, she had a list of things she didn't like about the house and the whole thing just wasn't right. We said no. Even though we felt bad about it I still hated that we said no and was worried it would take weeks again to get an offer.
That brings us to Monday. We decided to lower our price a little but before it was even changed on the website we had three showings set up. I got to work cleaning and then Tuesday morning I stayed out all morning so that I would be gone for the first showing. When I got home there was a message they were going to be a couple hours late. I ended up being there when they came and I was so glad I was. The people were so nice and they loved the house. I let them know that we had someone coming for the second time later that day. They got all worried and within two hours of the showing they had put an offer in. Later that day we learned the second people had also put in an offer. Waiting until tonight to see the offers was agony!
Tonight we met with the Realtors. Both offers started out the same except that one was cash and one was an FHA loan. We gave both people the chance to go up in price. The cash stayed the same and the FHA went up. In the end after debating a bit we went with the cash. it was a little less money but it felt right. It should be quick to close (May 17th is the plan), they don't have to be approved for a mortgage, they don't have to have anyone else appraise the house. The bottom line was it felt right. The people were really nice (and how cool is it that the guy is our age and has over 60,000), I think they will love our little house and I can picture them living here. They won't put earnest money down until after the home inspection which should be in a couple days so nothing is set in stone but so far so good. I think when we sign papers the reality of all this is going to hit, for now it's just exciting.