Thursday, August 26, 2010

A Surprise Visitor

My Grandpa Gappmayer and his wife Louis have been on a road trip and we were lucky enough to be one of their stops.  It was just a quick visit.  We were glad he decided to stop and see us.  Grandpa has always enjoyed teasing us so he fit a little of that in and even had some candy in the car for the kids. 

When I was little Grandpa nicknamed me Sally and he still remembers that and calls me that.  It was always something that made me feel special.  We always loved our trips to Utah to visit Grandpa and all of our family there.

2 comments:

Water Buffalo said...

oh my gosh!! I remember you telling me about him a long time ago when we pretended your middle name would be Sally:)

Marianne Thayne said...

What a wonderful picture to have and a memeory made!