Tuesday, September 14, 2010

I guess they are not allergic

My boys are officially not allergic to bees (unless there are different kinds that you can be allergic to, or if there are side effects that show up much later...).

Tyler was mowing the lawn and must of ran over a nest or the boys disturbed it playing in the dirt (I'm not sure which).  Suddenly the boys were screaming bloody murder (I really thought someone must have broken a bone or something).  They rushed into the house and kept screaming.  We took their clothes off and bees were inside of their clothes.  We pulled stingers out and calmed them down (which was no easy task).  We found nine on Garret and four on Spencer (Tyler hasn't counted yet).  They seem to be fine now.  They have never been scared of bees before, I wonder if they will be in the future.

Tyler is off "taking care" of the bees.  Hopefully we won't have any more problems with them.

4 comments:

Aaron and Devony said...

It's good they're not allergic! They could still be of hornets or wasps though. I am allergic to bees and found out as a kid. It wasn't fun. Glad you all came out ok!

Anonymous said...

So glad everyone is okay...
Love, Grandma

Water Buffalo said...

sorry that happened to you guys! The same thing happened to us last week. We had a wasp nest in a crack of our driveway. I ran over it and made them mad and when we got out of the car they stung Landon 4 times, Laila twice, me three times on the leg and once on the hand and my mom once too. Lydia was the lone survivor:) We found out we are not allergic either!

Sarah said...

My Dad ran over a beehive when he was mowing the lawn years ago! Yikes! I hope all is okay.