Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Thankful

With Thanksgiving right around the corner I can't help but ponder on all the things I am thankful for.  I feel that I have a truly blessed life.  A few of the things I am thankful for are-

My three kids-  I love them so much.  I love that I am there Mom.  I love what they are helping me become, the lessons they teach me, their delight in the little things, their personalities, their trust, their humor, their innocence.  I love them together and as a little trio.  I am so thankful for my children.

My Mr. Fordham-  I love all those classic love stories- Jane and Mr. Rochester, Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy, Margaret and Mr. Thornton, Sarah and Captain Elliot etc.  I watch them and think how glad I am that they end up together.  Then I look at my life and I am so glad I have my match.  He is my best friend (it may sound cliche but its true).  He is my confidant, my shoulder to cry on, my person to laugh with, the person that knows me the very best.  I am thankful for My Mr. Fordham.

The Gospel of Jesus Christ-  I can't help but feel overwhelmed at times- today's world seems to be a scary place to raise children, find a job etc. It is always the gospel and the plan of salvation that helps me makes sense of life and focus on what is important.  It brings me peace, it brings me joy and it gives me direction.  I am thankful for Jesus Christ.

Families-  I get to live next to one of my sisters this year.  I can not imagine this year if they were not there.  Our kids are friend and I love knowing that they are safe and around good examples when they are there.  I love that I have someone I can call right next door.  I love all of my siblings and am so grateful for all the time I get to spend with them.  I feel like I have a special relationship with each of them.  I love my parents and the older I get the more I appreciate all they have done for me during my life.  I love Tyler's family.  I love that Tyler and I are blessed to have two good families to lean on.  I am thankful for families.

Friends-  There have been a couple occasions this year when friends made such a difference.  A good friend is worth so much and I am thankful for the good friends I have.  I am thankful for friends.

Work-  There are a few things that are not perfect about Tyler's job right now.  It is a long commute for example- but I am grateful the he has a job and that he has a valuable education. I am grateful he willingly puts the hours in.  I am thankful for work.

Home, food, clothes etc-  We are so blessed to always have what we need and then some.  I am so grateful that we are able to take care of our children and each other so well.  My heart goes out to those mothers that struggle to meet their basic needs.  I am thankful that we have what we need.

There are a million other things to be thankful for- good books, the beautiful world, the country we live in, our bodies, warm blankets, modern conveniences, a working car, sunshine, the holidays, phone calls, sleep, sports, blogs, bargains, hugs and kisses, kindness etc.  

Our lives are truly blessed.  I am so thankful that this is my life.  I hope that I can live it in a way that shows my gratitude for my many blessings.  I am thankful for my life!

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Beautiful entry.
Let me just say how grateful I am for you and your family. You are all a blessing in my life.

Love, Mom

Alicia said...

Love this entry - Thanksgiving is such a great time to boil things down to what the best things are in life. Happy Thanksgiving!