Monday, January 31, 2011

Coloring and other mundane things

 Adele loves to color.  She gets very serious when she is coloring (notice her tongue sticking out, good pencil grip....).  But then she sees me with the camera and all seriousness leaves and she turns back into her usual goofy self!
We had a nice weekend- lots of time spent with family and Anna and I even hosted our second girls night.  It was a Jane Eyre night (always fun)- people are already asking what we will do next so we need to get busy planning!

Garret went in his bedroom to play this morning and his door handle just stopped working.  It had had problems for a while but this time I couldn't even get it.  He had accepted his fate of an entire day spent in there waiting Tyler's return home.  Luckily Marc came to the rescue and got him out.  Garret said he had prayed and knew he would get out!  After Marc left Garret said "you know you don't have to be a super hero to rescue people".  I think Marc might be nearly a superhero in Garret's eyes!

Tyler's residency ends in five months.  We think a lot about what to do next.  We have a lot of ideas and one pretty good option.  I am anxious to know so I can make a plan for our lives.  I am excited to settle in somewhere- but nervous to settle in some where FOREVER.  It would be easier if someone would just tell us what to do.  Why are big decisions so hard?  Why do I second guess things so much? We spend a lot of time right now thinking about what is next...hopefully we will decide soon, then we can just accept it wholeheartedly and stop thinking so much!

Spencer is learning to read.  He just kind of understands it.  Not perfectly (he isn't reading novels or anything like that- just little words).  It's fun to watch him learn.  He is such an observer and just seems to listen as I teach Garret and then when I finally sit down with him he constantly amazes me. 

When I was pregnant with Adele the boys always referred to her as baby sister.  They still do sometimes.  I think baby number four is going to have to get used to the title "new baby".  Garret and Spencer will say things like "if you count new baby there are six of us".  "is new baby kicking".  "can new baby hear me".  "when new baby comes home can I help take care of it".  Only 19 more weeks until "New Baby" joins our family.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

I just loved those pictures of Adele. She is so funny.

Love, Mom

Mike, Kalie, Jason, Lexie and Colden said...

Colden was new baby in utero too... don't worry it goes away quick once new baby comes!!