Friday, January 14, 2011

Number Fours First Pictures

I am almost 19 weeks and I met with my doctor for the first time.  He is young but really nice and his schedule is not very busy so he usually can see me when I want to be seen.  We had the ultrasound today as well.  I love ultrasounds- I love seeing the baby, feeling the baby move at the same time and actually knowing what it is doing in there.  I love putting a face to the baby even if it is a blurry picture.  It's really pretty amazing.

We told them we didn't want to find out what we are having.  The doctor told us when to look away but Tyler wasn't entirely obedient (he says he turned away- it's questionable) so he thinks he knows what we are having.  He also thinks that the first picture looks like a boy (I asked the doctor if you could tell from the pictures- he said he didn't think anyone would be able to tell by the pictures- but at one point he did said our baby could be a boxer).  I am completely fine with either. I am just mad that Tyler thinks he knows because I can already hear him in the delivery room saying "see I knew it all along" (Maybe he woudn't say that he isn't really an "I told you so, kind of guy").  I wanted us both to be totally surprised.  We really don't know, and he has a 50/50 so I am sure the moment will still be great.

They left the due date the same.  Mid June.  Hopefully a little earlier (that is going to be a very busy time for us- moving, new job etc). We are even more excited then before to meet the new little one.  The boys couldn't understand why they couldn't go and watch and Spencer was hoping I would bring the baby home with me!  I am so grateful for our growing little family.


5 comments:

Marianne Thayne said...

I love the first one I can actually really see the little baby in that one. I will be surprised if you make it the whole time without knowing. Good Luck with all that!

kandis said...

already such a cutie! for the record i think it's a girl!

Debbie said...

It is alittle exciting seeing the picture. I bet everyone will love it when the baby gets there.

Love, MOm

Gayle said...

I love your blog Rachel,It is always fun to read. We never got the option of knowing what we were having, and I am kind of glad. I hope you have fun with aticipation!
Love Auntie Gayle

Alicia said...

Ah! I love ultrasounds, for some reason I get a little teary each time, it's just so special!

Sounds like you're in for one busy summer! Hope you are feeling well.