Tuesday, April 12, 2011

It was time...

My super silly Garret boy is 5 1/2 years old.  He is a fun, creative kid (here he is pretending to be in star wars- I guess some kid from church told him a little about it and he thinks it seems pretty cool).  He is also a GREAT sleeper and has been for most of his life.  He goes to be at 7:30 and up until a couple days ago took a couple hour nap as well.  Even if he didn't sleep he didn't make any noise and he didn't get out of his room.  I finally told him if he could be quite he could start having quite time in his room with some books.  So far so good.  He stays in his room for at least two hours until I tell him he can get up.  I think he would have kept napping for me but with school coming up he probably needed to start being awake all day. Just another sign that my babies are growing up.

2 comments:

Kristy E.B. said...

He's been napping until just recently and going to bed at 7:30??? Holy cow!!! Lucky you! Matsen is not even 3 yet and already pretty much done napping...

kristenita said...

you are so lucky! if chase naps he is up until 10, no matter how much trouble it gets him in.
sleep is so important!!! good job with the naps for so long.