Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Research

Since graduating from college I haven't had as many chances to conduct scientific experiments.  It was time to enter the research field again....

The subject---going into labor early.

I have a sister that has had two babies early.  She said both times she ate really greasy food the night before.  I figured I could test her theory.  Tyler was kind enough to try along with me.

So I sent him out at 9:00 at night (which is not when we normally eat- we are 5:00 eaters).  He brought me back lots of GREASE.  The first couple bites tasted alright (my sister said you have to eat til you feel like you are going to pop...I always feel like I am going to pop).  I made it through most all of it. 

Then patiently I waited for results.  I was assured it could take up to a day.  I tossed and turned all night, took trips to the bathroom, had to eat tums....

The results (it has now been well over a day)- A stomach ache most of the day and lots of trips to the bathroom...No Baby.

The conclusion- It might work for Stephanie or  maybe she just cooks her babies hotter so they come earlier...for me it has no effect.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

So funny! Hang in there!! Your time will come!

Stephanie said...

Sorry it did not work for you...at least you had some fun trying.

Marianne Thayne said...

Castor Oil and long walk that will get you going. Good Luck!

steph said...

Well in any case, that burger looks sooooo amazing!!

I believe in the power of LOTS of squats and lunges and tons of walking. And the worst that happens if you dont go into labor is firmer buns :)

Bennett Family said...

I had a friend that drank the castor oil in a milkshake to get things going and 4 hours later she was in full active labor and barely made it to the hospital! Her husband was still signing her in downstairs and she had her baby within minutes of arriving at the hospital!! Good luck with your research!!